HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Netflix Series: Bodies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Netflix Series: Bodies Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Series: Bodies   Netflix Series: Bodies EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 8:52 am

This is a British murder-mystery-time travel series that is highly rated. The premise is this:

In 2023 a nude dead man, shot through the eye, is discovered in a London alleyway. He can't be identified because his fingerprints aren't in any database.

In 1941 a nude dead man, shot through the eye, is discovered in the very same London alleyway.

In 1890 the same thing happened.

The 2023 detective, sorta by accident, discovers the previous bodies in news stories, tracks down the detective case files and discovers all three victims are the same man.

So far so good.  An interesting premise to build on.

But as the series progresses, things get more and more complicated and more and more confusing... involving a time-traveling cabal of bad guys who want to trigger an apocalypse so they can dominate society(?) A fourth timeframe is introduced, 2053 or thereabouts, and the apocalypse has taken place.  Big Brother rules the city (country? world?) and the triggering event was a bomb that killed 500,000 people.

I mean, far-fetched is one thing. But this plot seemed to disintegrate into utter nonsense by the 5th or 6th episode and I had to bail.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Series: Bodies   Netflix Series: Bodies EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 7:12 am

It's on my list, but I haven't watched it yet. I'll get around to it eventually, and see if I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Series: Bodies   Netflix Series: Bodies EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 3:16 pm

I just watched the first episode, and it was interesting.

But I can see how many balls are in the air, so it certainly could go south quickly. We will see.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Series: Bodies   Netflix Series: Bodies EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 9:33 am

By the end of the 6th episode I was about through with it. It is complex and confusing, but my main issue was that I just didn't really care about the leading characters.

Incidentally, for complex time travel, I would recommend the movie Predestination. It's based on a Robert Heinlein short story, and has the paradoxical twists that Bodies was working on, but it's one movie and two lead actors that are a lot easier to follow than Bodies.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Series: Bodies   Netflix Series: Bodies EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 10:11 am

Ordered.  Looks like the exact same plot as The Adjustment Bureau from three years earlier.  

Though I love me some Ethan Hawke.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Series: Bodies   Netflix Series: Bodies EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 6:04 am

I haven't seen The Adjustment Bureau, but looking at the plot summary on IMDB, Predestination is completely different. The Heinlein story (All You Zombies) freaked me out when I came across it as a teenager, and Predestination follows it fairly closely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Series: Bodies   Netflix Series: Bodies Empty

Back to top Go down

Netflix Series: Bodies
Page 1 of 1