HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Netflix Series: Altered Carbon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Netflix Series: Altered Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Series: Altered Carbon   Netflix Series: Altered Carbon EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 11:36 am

Ted Chiang was asked about this series, and said good things. I'm up to the third episode, but I'm not sure I'll finish it. It's kinda Bladerunner with a twist.

250 years in the future bodies are dispensable, because the mind is downloaded to a disc-thingy that plugs into the back of the neck. As long as your "stack" is intact you can be "re-sleeved" to a new body. A Bladerunner (called Envoys in this series) is sent by a rich man to find out who killed his original body.

There are AIs. There are holograms. There are computer screens that pop up out of nowhere. And everywhere is kinda dark and dirty.

Yeah. I think I've seen all this before.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Netflix Series: Altered Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix Series: Altered Carbon   Netflix Series: Altered Carbon EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 1:50 pm

I downloaded 10 episodes of the program - I have a record of it - but they have all been erased and I can vaguely remember a bit of the first episode. So I'm guessing that I really didn't like it. And the concept does sound interesting and entertaining.
Back to top Go down

Netflix Series: Altered Carbon
Page 1 of 1