HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Books on my Reading Table

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Books on my Reading Table Empty
PostSubject: Books on my Reading Table   Books on my Reading Table EmptyWed May 03, 2023 3:23 pm

Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution by Eric Foner, about how the period just after the Civil War started with much promise and good intentions, only to be torpedoed by recalcitrant Southerners who weren't ready to give up white supremacy.

The Life of Erwin Schrödinger by Walter Moore. By all accounts mathematician/physicist/biologist Schrödinger lived a fascinating life.

A History of What Comes Next by Sylvian Neuval. The same author who wrote Sleeping Giants. Back cover précis says "a darkly-satirical first-contact thriller, as seen through the eyes of the women who make progress possible and the men who are determined to stop them." With a tagline like that how could I resist?

Future Tense Fiction. A compilation of sci-fi shorts set in the future. Only one of the 14 authors have I ever heard of.

Breathless by David Quammen. A science thriller on the race to develop a vaccine for Covid. Quammen is always a riveting author.
Back to top Go down

Books on my Reading Table
Page 1 of 1