HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Urban versus Rural

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Urban versus Rural Empty
PostSubject: Urban versus Rural   Urban versus Rural EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 6:26 am

The fact that a know-nothing brain-damaged former football player came so close to winning a Senate seat scares the shit out of me. The fact that 1,719,393 Georgians voted for such a manifestly unqualified candidate -- after seeing the damage wrought by having an unqualified president -- just boggles my mind.

It's not that anyone thought he would be a good Senator, I don't think.  It's that a substantial part of the country, the rural part, is so dead set of against the Democrat agenda: healthcare for all.  Help for the homeless.  Equal opportunity.  Education.

These are not agenda items for the farming community.  They don't want to pay for the problems of the cities, they don't want to make life easier for people outside their own circles. They're all about independence and self reliance and taking care of your own, about living free and minding your own business.

It's a divide not easily bridged.

The only way out I think is to change the conversation, to reframe the argument, to establish a different base for the discussion. I don't have any answers --- yet --- but it's something that's gonna need attention if this country is to survive.
Back to top Go down

Urban versus Rural
Page 1 of 1