HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Jurassic World: Dominion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Jurassic World: Dominion Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Jurassic World: Dominion   Movie: Jurassic World: Dominion EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 8:06 pm

New Jurassic Park 3 is free for streaming on Peacock for two weeks, starting today -- then goes to $19.99.

The plot-as usual-made zero sense.  It was afterall just an excuse for a dinosaur movie.

But as a dinosaur popcorn movie, I was pretty damn impressed.
  • The digital animation was miles beyond anything else ever done, even Avatar.  You literally couldn't tell what was real and what was animated.  I ASSUME a lot of the non-dinosaur stuff was also animated, because otherwise the budget would have been astronomical... but it's impossible to tell
  • The dinosaurs, at least the theropds, have feathers now.  Yay, somebody listened to me!
  • The plot brings together the cast of JP1, together with the cast of JW2, who have never met each other but know of each other's reputations.  It was well done... and all the actors looked surprisingly good!
  • Some new characters, heroes and heroines, engaging characters and all black
  • The bad guy looked & sounded like Steve Jobs, with similar quirks and mannerisms
  • There are LOTS of nods to the earlier movies: scenes recreated.  Props reused.  Plot points circling back.  Nice touches every one.
  • There were also sly nods to other Steve Spielberg movies: Raiders.  Star Wars.  Others.

In short, I got my money's worth.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Jurassic World: Dominion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie: Jurassic World: Dominion   Movie: Jurassic World: Dominion EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 8:13 pm

Wait, this must be Jurassic Park 6 or 7. Seems to be a few in the series that I totally missed or forgot about.
Back to top Go down

Movie: Jurassic World: Dominion
Page 1 of 1