HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens Empty
PostSubject: 'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens   'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Looks like an April Fool joke, but it's a bit late (and not funny).

'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens   'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Is anybody surprised?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: 'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens   'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 8:10 am

I guess the news cycle was slow.  Or maybe every five years this resurfaces as news (because, uh, peoples' memories are short.)

Show of hands, again, who's surprised?

Got a little spare time?  Sit down and make a list of all the consequences these folks faced in the past 5 years.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: 'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens   'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 8:23 am

Huh okay the Pandora Papers are an expansion of the Panama Papers.

Quote :
Oxfam International, a British consortium of charities, applauded the Pandora Papers for exposing brazen examples of greed that deprived countries of tax revenue that could be used to finance programs and projects for the greater good.

“This is where our missing hospitals are,” Oxfam said in a statement. “This is where the pay-packets sit of all the extra teachers and firefighters and public servants we need.”

It DOES make ya wonder... After the first $25 or $30 million, what does anyone need with BILLIONS of dollars?  There are only so many mega-yachts and luxury houses on the Riviera that one can buy.  Oh, one could cure malaria or eliminate global climate change, but where's the fun in that? What do you want to be known for after you're dead: saving millions of children, or having twelve minutes in space?
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: 'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens   'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 11:02 am

I have heard it said that it is immoral to be a billionaire.

Think about it. If you are worth, say, $500 million, what can you possibly want or need that requires you to gather another $500 million?

It's possible to have some big projects in mind, and gather money to spend on making them happen, but surely those projects should be intended to benefit large numbers of people. The Clinton Foundation rebuilt the healthcare system of an entire country, that's the kind of thing I have in mind. The Gates foundation has done good work too, but Bill needs to step it up. He could do more.

The only person I know of that was once a billionaire and now isn't, because she gave away so much money, is J. K. Rowling.

<edit>
Lifted from Facebook.

Sadio Mane, a Senegalese soccer star. earns approximately $10.2 million annually, has given the world a rude awakening after some fans spotted him carrying a cracked iPhone. His response is legendary:
"Why would I want ten Ferraris, 20 diamond watches and two jet planes? I starved, I worked in the fields, played barefoot, and I didn't go to school. Now I can help people. I prefer to build schools and give poor people food or clothing. I have built schools and a stadium; provide clothes, shoes, and food for people in extreme poverty. In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people from a very poor Senegalese region in order to contribute to their family economy. I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips, and even planes. I prefer that my people receive some of what life has given me."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens   'Biggest Leak in History' Reveals Corruption in World Leaders' Offshore Tax Havens Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1