HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This Bill Gates Infographic Reveals The World's Deadliest Animal — And It's Not Even A Close Race

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

This Bill Gates Infographic Reveals The World's Deadliest Animal — And It's Not Even A Close Race Empty
PostSubject: This Bill Gates Infographic Reveals The World's Deadliest Animal — And It's Not Even A Close Race   This Bill Gates Infographic Reveals The World's Deadliest Animal — And It's Not Even A Close Race EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:07 pm

(Deadliest in terms of total casualties, not immediate potency.) I was a little surprised by the result. Not totally shocked, but if I was asked, I would have gotten the question wrong.

This Bill Gates Infographic Reveals The World's Deadliest Animal — And It's Not Even A Close Race
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

This Bill Gates Infographic Reveals The World's Deadliest Animal — And It's Not Even A Close Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Bill Gates Infographic Reveals The World's Deadliest Animal — And It's Not Even A Close Race   This Bill Gates Infographic Reveals The World's Deadliest Animal — And It's Not Even A Close Race EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 1:45 pm

It's something of a trick question, because the mosquito doesn't kill from its bite. The real culprit is malaria, and Dengue, and yellow fever and all the others on the list.

The B&MG Foundation is well-positioned to make a difference in these stats. I've heard that something as simple as mosquito nets can save hundreds of thousands of lives.

But one has to wonder... The population of the tropical countries on the map is hardly decreasing, from all this death & destruction. If we were able to save a million people per year, what would that do to these countries' economies? Could they feed that many more mouths? Would rainforest deforestation have to increase? Would there be enough water in the Nile and the Amazon?
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1