HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corruption in Politics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Corruption in Politics Empty
PostSubject: Corruption in Politics   Corruption in Politics EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 am

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/02/01/mainefocus/collins-brings-in-most-money-of-her-career-after-kavanaugh-vote/

Robert Reich wrote:
Dear fellow MoveOn member,

It hit me like a ton of bricks when I saw this week that Susan Collins received $1.8 million in donations after voting to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court—by far the most she's ever raised in a quarter.1 The fact that there's a financial incentive for a senator to confirm a justice to a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court is an insult to democracy.

But there's reason to keep our heads up! H.R.1, the Democrats' sweeping anti-corruption and pro-democracy bill to rein in the influence of money in politics and expand voting rights, is wildly popular with voters—across the political spectrum.2

And Republicans are terrified.

Republicans in the House rightly said this week that the impacts of the bill would be "chilling," and Mitch McConnell believes it's a "power grab."3,4

You betcha! A power grab for the people.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Politics   Corruption in Politics EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 pm

When I first arrived in America and heard about "lobbying", I said to someone "In England, we call that bribery and corruption". They grinned and said "That's always the way it's been in America".

True, dat.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Politics   Corruption in Politics EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 8:28 am

American democracy is evaporating, bit by bit.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Politics   Corruption in Politics EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 9:22 pm

You want to talk corruption?  Just as much as Vladimir Putin has blackmail control over Donald Trump, the Trump administration must have blackmail control over congressional Republicans.  It's the only logical explanation.

It'll all come out in the Mueller report, I'm betting.

Which is why I foresee several/many/most congressional Republicans in orange jumpsuits too.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Politics   Corruption in Politics EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 12:51 am

I wonder if Pence will pardon like Ford did.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Politics   Corruption in Politics EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 5:06 am

I expect Mueller thought of that. Mike Pence is not untouched by these scandals and could go down first, to prevent a pardon miscarriage.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Politics   Corruption in Politics EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 9:59 am

That was why they made sure to remove Spiro Agnew before taking down Nixon. Didn't help much, but if we have President Pelosi, I think she'll let them all rot.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Politics   Corruption in Politics EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 12:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Politics   Corruption in Politics Empty

Back to top Go down

Corruption in Politics
Page 1 of 1