HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amazon Flex

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Amazon Flex Empty
PostSubject: Amazon Flex   Amazon Flex EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 pm

For the past couple months I've been trying out Amazon Prime -- wife pointed out the free shipping might pay for the $99/yr dues -- for the most part it's been a minor advantage.

One difference I've noticed: packages are sometimes delivered by civilians in their own cars, at all hours of the day or night.  Last night (a Sunday night) my Don Elliott CD showed up at 7 pm (I was alerted by my Ring doorbell).

I guess this program is called "Amazon Flex" and the website claims you can make $18-25 per hour delivering packages on your own schedule.  You sign up to become a driver, pass a basic background check, then start picking up at Amazon distribution centers.  Amazon provides basic insurance.  Amazon Prime, Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods and certain other packages are eligible.

I question the dollar amount.  If you're paid by the parcel you might make bank delivering to an apartment building, but customers like me are twenty miles from the nearest distribution center.  Doubtful anything could be delivered without $3-4 in costs, minimum.  Amazon usually charges $3.99 for shipping.  Not a lot of profit in that formula.
Amazon wrote:
Will I be reimbursed for mileage, parking, or tolls?
As an independent contractor, you are responsible for your own expenses.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Amazon Flex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon Flex   Amazon Flex EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Huh. Amazon's pretty organized with this. They give a driver 3 or 4 hours worth of deliveries, and map out (on a phone app) the shortest route to deliver them all.

You're guaranteed $18 an hour, and are expected to make about 15-20 deliveries per hour (depending on the route). Drivers just follow the GPS directions.

I suppose it might be cheaper than USPS at that.

And of course as an independent contractor there are no bennies.
Back to top Go down

Amazon Flex
Page 1 of 1