Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Stupid Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Stupid Amazon   Stupid Amazon EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:57 pm

We use finger cots for medicating the cat. The best ones I have found are shipped from China.

When I go on Amazon to order them, the options are 200 pieces or 1,000 pieces. Both with free shipping. I don't want 1,000, so I order the 200 pack. I want to order two packs of 200, and - surprise - the free shipping disappears and is now $12.99 shipping. So I place two separate orders for 200 pieces. No shipping charge. When the order shows up - remember it is shipped from China - it is a single package of 400 pieces.

WTF?

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Stupid Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Amazon   Stupid Amazon EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm

You must've done SOMETHING wrong.  There are two sellers of 200-ct finger cots on Amazon, both with free shipping.  On both of them I was able to change the qty to 2 boxes and both still showed free shipping.

One by November 1.

One by October 31.

(By the way, what's with the "finger cots" name?  Call 'em what they are: Japanese condoms.)
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Stupid Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Amazon   Stupid Amazon EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 5:31 pm

I did nothing wrong. I have placed the same order a few times before and there was no bump in the shipping cost. Just a glitch in the programming, I suppose.

The items you looked at were not the same as what I ordered, as the ones I ordered are shipped from China. They wouldn't get here tomorrow or the next day.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Stupid Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Amazon   Stupid Amazon EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 10:22 am

Jeff Bezos has been getting more extremist ring-wing as he's gotten richer and richer.  I've mentioned before that Amazon carries all the Nazi propaganda books that the conspiracy theorists love.  The new review policies allow hundreds of one-word book reviews from reviewers who obviously haven't read the book. If the book is by Marjorie Taylor Greene the reviews will be ☆☆☆☆☆ "great," "wonderful," "like," or "truth." If the book is by say Elizabeth Warren the reviews will be ☆ "garbage," "biased," "trash," and "lies."

And then a few years ago he eliminated the option of commenting on reviews.  A lot of us had used the option to call out bogus "reviews."

When my dad died, in 2014, I put his Playboy collection up on Amazon, where it's sat ever since.

This morning I get the following e-mail from Amazon:
Quote :
We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:

ASIN: B001QRPG3C, SKU: 2O-XRU7-7ZAX, Title: PLAYBOY MAGAZINE JULY 1983 7/83
Hello, During our review, we found the cover image of your book contains "Offensive Content," which is a violation of our Content Guidelines for Books. As a result, we are not offering the book for sale on Amazon.

I mean, hello?  Playboy is "offensive content"?  And it's been for sale for almost ten years.  Thanks Jeff for keeping the world safe from boobies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stupid Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Amazon   Stupid Amazon Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid Amazon
Page 1 of 1