Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 8:52 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
To my knowledge, you can't do ANY of that shit -- remote camera activation, spyware that tracks websites, contact list harvesting -- on a Mac.

If you can get in, all of those things can be done on a Mac.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 4:01 pm

There's a new telephone spam going around. The person says he/she is from Microsoft and your windows license fee has expired. When I ask if they are sure that I owe such a fee, never having paid one, they assure me that I paid the fee when I bought my computer. When I ask why I owe Microsoft a windows fee when I have an Apple computer, they are sometimes stuck. One guy just said, "You have an Apple computer?" and I answered yes. Before he hung up he said, "No you don't." He sounded as though he was getting tired of people telling him that.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Apple computers are denigrated by Windows users as being too pre-packaged, too uncustomizable, too "plug-and-play."

Yet it seems Microsoft users are the ones who are more gullible to being scammed by social engineering.

Huh. I wonder why.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 5:16 pm

I cannot remember a windows user ever denigrating an Apple user. I really can't. But it does seem as if it is a requirement for Apple users to denigrate windows users. Perhaps written into the sales contract.

The reason windows users are more often scammed is because there are so damn many of them that the scammers don't normally bother with Apple users.

But you know all of that.

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 am

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 6:36 am

Quote :
Dear in Christ,

I am Mr. Francisco Basilio a Spanish national based in England, I was browsing and I saw your e-mail So I decided to write you if your e-mail is real please accept my apology for this unsolicited contact, I have been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live. I am very rich, but was never generous; I have given most of my assets to my immediate family members.

I have decided to give alms to charity organizations. I cannot do this myself anymore because of my health. I once asked members of my family to give some money to charity organizations, they refused and kept the money. I have a huge cash deposit of ($25M) twenty five Million united states dollars with a courier company in United State. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatch it to charity organizations. You will take out 25% of these funds for your assistance to help ME disburse this fund to charities.

I will like you to acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail as soon as possible and treats with absolute confidentiality sincerity.

Please write to me for more details.

Yours Sincerely, Mr. Francisco Basilio #40 Beechwood Road, Sanderstead, South Croydon CR2 0AA. England e-m: fransciscobasilio@gmail.com
Don't you hate it when medical treatment gets defiled?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:43 am

Quote :
____ new Update for secure your inbox ____
____ Please confirm your Subscription! ____

Subscribe me! Unsubscribe

_____________Thank you!_____________
No, thank YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 9:28 am

Quote :
Sign the petition re: Jamal Khashoggi. Help demand #JusticeforJamal and insist Fox Business stop enabling Saudi governm...
Petition drive. Ha!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Quote :
Subject: Tell us where to send your trail bottle

Thanks, but I just pee on the nearest bush.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 8:43 am

This sounds suspicious.
Quote :
Dear Class Member:
Our records show you may have purchased a domestic airline ticket from American, Delta, Southwest, United, Continental Airlines, or US Airways between July 1, 2011 and June 14, 2018.  Southwest and American Airlines (the “Settling Defendants”) have agreed to settle nationwide litigation by passengers who claim the four largest U.S. carriers along with Continental Airlines and US Airways conspired to increase fares on domestic flights.  The Settling Defendants deny that they did anything wrong, have asserted defenses to the claims, and have settled to avoid the burden and expense of litigation.
Are you included?
The Settlement Classes include persons and entities who purchased air passenger transportation services for flights within the United States and its territories and the District of Columbia from American, Delta, Southwest, United, Continental, or US Airways at any time between July 1, 2011 and December 20, 2017 for the Southwest settlement and between July 1, 2011 and June 14, 2018 for the American settlement.
What do the Settlements provide?
Southwest has agreed to pay $15 million and American has agreed to pay $45 million.  The Settling Defendants have agreed to provide certain cooperation in the ongoing litigation against the Non-Settling Defendants.
How can I get a payment?
At this time, it is unknown how much you may receive.  A distribution plan will be prepared later or at the conclusion of the litigation.  Given the number of Settlement Class Members, it may not be economically practical to distribute money until additional settlements or judgments are achieved.  If you want to receive a notice about the claims process or future settlements, you should register at the website below.  Class Counsel will pursue the lawsuit against the Non-Settling Defendants, and these Settlements may help pay expenses for Class Counsel to do so.  If no additional settlements or judgments are achieved, money may be distributed to a charitable, government, or non-profit organization(s) as ordered by the Court.
What are my rights?
Even if you do nothing you can participate in the Settlements and will also be bound by their terms.  If you want to keep your right to sue Southwest and/or American yourself, you must exclude yourself from the Settlements by January 4, 2019.  If you stay in the Settlements, you may object to them but only if you do so before January 4, 2019.
The Court will hold a hearing on March 22, 2019 to consider whether to approve the Settlements and a request for attorneys’ fees up to 30% of the Settlement Funds, plus reimbursement of costs and expenses incurred as Class Counsel pursues claims against the other Defendants.  You or your own lawyer may appear and speak at the hearing at your own expense.
For more information, visit www.DomesticAirClass.com or call 1-866-459-3634.
Para obtener un aviso en español, visite nuestro sitio web.
Pour obtenir une notice en français, veuillez consulter notre site internet.

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Text message I received:

Notice-<my phone number>
Support. Code:Visa-
Debit-Card temporary
locked. Call us now
at 740-233-2270 to
unlock.

Just a couple of problems.
I have no account with BofA.
I have no Visa card.
I have never had a debit card.

I'm making a wild guess that this is invalid.

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Just got another spam call on my land line. The caller ID was Apple, Inc.
I didn't answer, and a woman left a message telling me to call Apple at an 800 number she recited. Didn't tell me why. Strange.

I looked up the caller ID number (not the 800 number) on google and it showed up as an Apple store in Stamford, CT. I called that number and got a recording telling me that it was in fact the Stamford Apple store, and that a lot of people are getting this number from a crook and suggested that I report it to the police.

Q: Isn't tech fun?
A: No.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Nobody EVER tried to cheat the public before tech.
Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 Snake-oil
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Just got another crooked call from "Apple." This time they used the number of an Apple Store in D.C.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:20 am

The "Apple" call this morning used the phone number of the Apple Store in Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC.

Getting tired of these.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 10:49 am

Second "Apple" call of the day. Didn't check the number. It will be an Apple store somewhere.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Well, today's third "Apple" call used the number of an Apple store in the Lehigh Valley Mall in Whitehall, PA.

I went ahead and talked to their "expert" who told me my iPhone had been hacked and my Apple ID was being used by someone in Germany and Nigeria. She wanted me to load a web page with my laptop or desktop computer. I told her very kindly to fuck off.

My iPhone hasn't been used in a couple of years. But it's amazing how long one of those batteries will hold a charge when the phone is turned off.

Assholes.

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

During our usual security enhancement protocol, we observed multiple login attempt error while login in to your online Amazon account.
We have believed that someone other than you is trying to access your account for security reasons,
we have temporarily suspend your account and your access to online Amazon and will be restricted if you fail to update.

Click here

(I got four of these messages)

Dear CIient ,
We regret to infοrm you of this bad news

We have put your accoυnt in the list of limited accoυnts
because your accoυnt is not safe and we need a little bit to a few infοrmation to prοtect yοur accoυnt.

Click the bυtton below and follow the steps simply

Lοg in Accοunt

Yours Sincerely.
ΡayΡal .

I'm starting to really hate the fucking internet.
The possibility of my leaving it is increasing daily.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 5:22 pm

They'll still spam you with phone calls and snail mail. Of course you could always move to a self-built cabin in the woods with no electricity, no running water and no mail service.

That will give you plenty of time to work on your manifesto on what's wrong with the world.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Plenty of time is the one thing I don't have.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Use Gregg.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 3:10 pm

Gregg Allman? Isn't he dead?
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Two or three times I've found voicemails for working from home. Amazon is looking for 27 people in my area...
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 6:55 am

Quote :
Hi! How are you? My name is Natalya. I am 30 years old. I'd like to meet you.
I'm a good and calm person. I'm looking for a serious relationship and I do not have time for games and a waste of time.
I hope that you are also looking for a serious relationship too and our feelings will be mutual.
Text me to apewona@gmail.com
and Ill send you my pictures. Bye. Smile
Natalya.

Natalya, I'm pretty sure sending unsolicited e-mails to unknown recipients is a pretty big "waste of time."  You might want to reconsider....
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:03 am

AppleID wrote:
Your Apple ID has been locked for security reasons. We detect your account sign-in from unknown device and for your safety your account automatically locked

Please verify your identity today or your account will be disabled due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the Apple Community.
Go to https://appleid.apple.com to verify your account.

Sincerely,
Apple

Apple ID | Support | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2019 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, CA 95014, United States All Rights Reserved

Return address looks less-than-verified however:
Quote :
no-reply@appleid.com (509JF7-7uSKvDJHy8y3kjGhTsDy73kjhSEz3.anakhrmse@7784-hairdrayer.509jf78.7ykjSrD7k7jh37qSvDxKhg37sKDvJ3.jangansayangduluitu.org)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam we never finished reading   Spam we never finished reading - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spam we never finished reading
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next