HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What I'm Drinking Tonight

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:11 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 Mum_swizzle_sticks

WTF.

They suck.

Bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 JohnDeereHelper2

Okay.
That's kinda cute.
In a how-can-I-torture-my-cat-today kind of way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:13 pm

_Howard wrote:
Lisa wrote:
_Howard wrote:
No tiny John Deere hat swizzlers in the drinks.

I'm sorry, but they sound adorable.
You're starting to worry me.

It really was a major disappointment to me too.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:19 pm

Lisa wrote:
That's kinda cute.
In a how-can-I-torture-my-cat-today kind of way.
Contrary to received wisdom cats do not, in fact, enjoy hats.

Unlike rabbits -- who positively SAVOR pancakes on their heads. What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 Bunny_With_Pancake_On_Head1110_jpg_100Compare to cat:What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 Flapcat

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Try putting a hat (or pancake) on this cat!
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Jenni wrote:
I had a Crispin the other day from the new Whole Foods.

OMG that place is pretentious! But I digress.....

The Angry Orchard definitely has a more 'slap you in the face with apple' flavor than the Crispin. Crispin is way more subtle.

Jenni,
Besides Crispin (which we do NOT buy at Whole Foods), I have been drinking another hard apple cider, Woodchuck Granny Smith, which has more apple taste, but is just a bit too sweet. I tried the Angry Orchard on your recommendation, and have dropped the Woodchuck in favor of the Angry Orchard Crisp Apple, which is now a regular inhabitant of my refer. Yummy stuff. Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Tonight I am enjoying "Mirror Mirror" a barley wine from Deschutes Brewery in Oregon. It's a very tasty, ass-kicking, 11.2%-alcohol libation.

Anyone who prefers unusual heavy-taste beers should consider this fine brew - if you can find it. Warning: Not for chugging.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:28 pm

Light taste + high alcohol? Intriguing.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:43 pm

You misunderstood. It is a heavy-taste beer.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Ah, that makes more sense. Don't mind the moron.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:55 pm

And I just took my last sip of the stuff. Damn.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:08 pm

I have a Young's Double Chocolate Stout I'm going to tuck into one of these nights. Waiting for the right night.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:15 pm

I've never been a big fan of stout, But I do love chocolate, so that one is a quandary for me.

My big problem is that I normally only have a bottle or two of excellent brew in the refer, so when I run out of that I must revert to more pedestrian beers. Oh, god, life was easier when I was so poor that Budweiser satisfied me just fine (of course, it took a hell of a lot of it).

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:53 pm

I like a beer you can stand a spoon up in, but it's a meal, not a beveridge.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Knowing that you are a reasonably gud speler, I had to look up beveridge on Google. After rejecting the English economist and the Senator from Indiana, I decided you must be referring to the Beveridge Place Pub in Seattle. Well played.

I remembered this morning that last year our oldest girl bought me a bottle of chocolate stout and I quite enjoyed it. I just may get another.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Sorry, chalk it up to posting from my phone while out riding around for work.

I always get it confused with the electrostatic speaker manufacturer.
http://www.bevaudio.com
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:08 pm

It's a beautiful sunny day in Seattle, I'm sitting on the deck reading a book on the Yanomamo and I've decided to pop the chocolate stout.

It's dark and thick, almost black, with a substantial amber head which does not evaporate.

The taste is smoother and sweeter than I expected.  I don't taste much chocolate, but a lot of molasses and hops.  Unlike other dark stouts I've had, there is not a strong acidic bite, the ale punch I'm used to.  There's just a hint of it in the aftertaste.

It tastes very refined and complex.  There is none of the "rotting leaves and bark" flavor I got from that awful stout I've forgotten the name of (did I mention I bought a beer bread mix for the remainder of the bottle I couldn't finish?  Well the bread ended up tasting like dirt too and got thrown away.)
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:25 pm

I finally noticed that you had provided a link to the Chocolate Stout, so I took a look at it. It's the same thing that I had. Not a bad brew. Not something I would drink every day, but not something I would turn down either.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Yeah, text in blue is what's called a "clickable link."
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:59 pm

I thought "Text in Blue" was an old Robert Blake movie.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 pm

"Did you know that me and Alan Ladd were exactly the same height?"
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:19 pm

"...down to the quarter inch."
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Just threw down a Davy Brown Ale. I'm not a big fan of brown ale, but this was a very nice tasting brew. Not overly heavy on any particular component, just a very refreshing drink. I wouldn't recommend it for breakfast, but it's lovely for lunch. Unlike most brown ales, I think the glass should be ignored and this one should be consumed straight from the bottle.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Bottle fed? Really, whyzat?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Another brown ale today. I seem to be developing a taste for the stuff.
This one is Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron.
Roasty  and nutty, with just a bit of vanilla. Quite tasty. Oh yeah, and 12% alcohol. Think of the time and effort I save by not having to use the bottle opener quite so often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What I'm Drinking Tonight
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next