TV Series: Fargo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

TV Series: Fargo Empty
PostSubject: TV Series: Fargo   TV Series: Fargo EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Huh, thought sure I'd posted on this before. Guess not.

"Fargo" (the TV series) is fairly similar to "Fargo" (the movie) in that both take place in northern Minnesota (where Mrs NoCo is from) during the same timeframe. A couple of the characters are roughly similar. Both are creations of the Coen brothers.

The same sense of humor, absurdity and WTF moments appear in both. The TV series is ten episodes, about 12 hours overall, with a very convoluted multi-layer story which is wonderful in its Coen-weirdness. If you liked the movie, the TV series is more of the same.

Billy Bob Thornton stars. Tom Hanks' son co-stars. The rest of the cast is astonishingly good.

Last week was episode 9 of 10. Tuesday will be the season finale and we'll see if there's gonna be a season two. I hope there will.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: TV Series: Fargo   TV Series: Fargo EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 2:41 pm

You did post on this before, but I don't know where it is.

No spoilers, please!

I watched the first episode (loved it) and have recorded the rest of them but haven't had the chance to watch them.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: TV Series: Fargo   TV Series: Fargo EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 3:36 pm

_Howard wrote:
No spoilers, please!
I'll just say this -- when you think you have everyone figured out, that's when you get the rug pulled out from underneath you. Expect the unexpected!
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: TV Series: Fargo   TV Series: Fargo EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 3:39 pm

When the Coen brothers are involved, one should never expect anything, especially the commonplace.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: TV Series: Fargo   TV Series: Fargo EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:32 am

Well, if there *is* a second season they'll have to start a new story. This season finale pretty much wrapped up all the loose ends.

It was wonderful and weird and Coenesque but very final.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: TV Series: Fargo   TV Series: Fargo EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Noah Hawley, the creator and director of the series, confirmed that, if the series is renewed for a second season, it will be a new story featuring different characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV Series: Fargo   TV Series: Fargo Empty

Back to top Go down

TV Series: Fargo
Page 1 of 1