HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TV Series: The Orville

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

TV Series: The Orville Empty
PostSubject: TV Series: The Orville   TV Series: The Orville EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 7:15 am

I'm always on the lookout for "take-me-away-Calgon!" escapist comedies, so I thought I'd give Seth McFarland's new comedy a twirl.  I'm not a fan of American Dad or The Cleveland Show or Family Guy, but I found Ted and Ted 2 to be remarkably stupid -- so much so that I actually laughed a time or two.

So The Orville is a parody of Star Trek.  Like Tim Allen's Galaxy Quest, sorta.  The first two episodes were full of fart jokes and penis jokes -- as expected.  Then something happened in the third episode, and the plot turned "serious."  No more jokes, no more levity.  I watched one more episode just to make sure.  Yup, the show was now taking itself seriously.

It shouldn't.  There is a ridiculous premise, ridiculous casting, ridiculous sets and now ridiculous plots too.  The "science" is so laughable that the bridge of the ship has gravity.  In the last episode I watched The Orville comes across a derelict alien ship in space, which is so large it has a functioning ecosystem inside it.  The people living inside the ship don't even know they're on a ship.  So to prove to them that they're on a space ship, the crew of the Orville open up the convertible roof(!) of the ship, so the residents can see the stars.

But get this.  The air inside the ship doesn't go whooshing out into space.

Oh yes.  This alien craft has air.  

And humans.  Who speak English.

JFC.  No wonder science these days is considered "fake news."

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

TV Series: The Orville Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Series: The Orville   TV Series: The Orville EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 7:24 am

Wow.

Quote :
On the morning of September 11, 2001, MacFarlane was scheduled to return to Los Angeles on American Airlines Flight 11 from Boston. Suffering from a hangover after the previous night's celebrations that followed his speech at his alma mater, the Rhode Island School of Design,[180] and with an incorrect departure time (8:15 a.m. instead of 7:45 a.m.) from his travel agent,[181][182] he arrived at Logan International Airport about ten minutes too late to board the flight as the gates had been closed.[181][182] Fifteen minutes after departure, American Airlines Flight 11 was hijacked,[183] and at 8:46 a.m. it was flown into the North Tower of the World Trade Center, killing everyone on board.
Back to top Go down

TV Series: The Orville
Page 1 of 1