HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

movie: The Bray Road Beast

Go down 
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

movie: The Bray Road Beast Empty
PostSubject: movie: The Bray Road Beast   movie: The Bray Road Beast EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 6:42 pm

I watched this odd little documentary on Amazon. It's about the beast of Bray Road, which gained at least a little notoriety once or twice. It's sort of a western werewolf story, with sightings and amateur investigators and all the usual sort of stuff. The movie isn't sensationalized or fictionalized: it's about some of the investigators, and the stories and legends they have dug up and collected. It's either boring or mildly interesting, depending on the mood you're in, I think.

What struck me, by the end of it, is how backwards some of these towns and areas are. One set of theories presented is about how there are or were satanic cults operating in nearby areas, and some people think that maybe the beast (and it may be just one, or maybe a sort of new species or something) is actually the result of satanic rituals and/or magic raising some sort of entity or demon. Or maybe the satanists have lost control of themselves, and (effectively) turned themselves into werewolves. Seriously. Told with a straight face.

I mean, you're watching this almost cute little documentary, featuring ordinary people telling the usual sort of stories, and then wham - face, meet palm.

Remind me not to visit Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down

movie: The Bray Road Beast
Page 1 of 1