HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa Empty
PostSubject: Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa   Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 11:26 am

http://www.dvo.com/newsletter/monthly/2022/october/tabletalk2.html

I like a warm beverage in the morning to wake up, but I've never been able to abide the taste of coffee.  I've tried every tea ever made, but they're thin and tend to become acidic.  I used to drink my own double-dark cocoa, but I've had to give that up too.

Wish I could find a warm drink that was:
  • rich
  • thick
  • not too sweet
  • not acidic
  • not too caloric
  • easy to make
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa   Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 5:34 am

I tried "mushroom coffee", but I didn't like the taste. So I'm sticking to real coffee.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa   Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 5:49 pm

Went grocery shopping today, and based on the recommendations listed in the linked article, I looked for and found some chocolate protein powder.

It's low fat, low sugar, low sodium, mixes with hot water, and thickens when you do so. The taste is, well, a little bit like drinking paste or wheat germ. It'll take a little getting used to.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa   Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 6:53 am

The chocolate protein powder was not a big hit.  Taken straight it is positively glutinous. Mixed with instant cocoa mix it thickens, but adds an unpleasant taste. In smoothies it tends to dominate the fruit flavors.

However, the vanilla variant is much more neutral. A single spoonful in cocoa thickens without causing displeasure, and in smoothies it's quite good at thickening silently.

Does it help with arthritic joint pain?  Nope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa   Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa Empty

Back to top Go down

Hot Drinks That Aren't Coffee, Tea or Cocoa
Page 1 of 1