HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TV Series: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

TV Series: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Empty
PostSubject: TV Series: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee   TV Series: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 4:39 am

Jerry Seinfeld's "talk show" where he picks up comics in classic cars -- many of them his own -- and they go out for coffee.  Or breakfast.  Or lunch.

Very informal, very seemingly-unscripted (although camera angles make it clear everything's blocked out ahead of time).  The cars have multiple cameras on the windshield, and the restaurants have patrons in the background but camera angles from all sides of the table.

The episodes are only 16 minutes long, and there are a lot of them (10 seasons, 60+ episodes).  They were originally aired on the web only(?) but moved to Netflix just recently.  Haven't seen all of them yet.

So far have seen:

• Tina Fey
  • Michael Richards
  • Julia Louise Dreyfus
  • Will Ferrill
  • Norm McDonald
  • Kristin Wiig
  • President Barack Obama(!)*
  • Trevor Noah
  • Jim Carrey
  • Stephen Colbert
  • Ricky Gervais
  • Alex Baldwin

Among others.  Gives you some insight into the personalities of these performers, but it isn't all jokes.  Some of the discussions turn pretty philosophical and/or serious, and some of them reveal unexpected depth in the interviewees.  Only one or two I've seen so far made the comic sound like an idiot.

* - The one with Obama was a hoot.  Jerry pulls up to the White House in a '63 split-window 'Vette, and Obama comes out and says "Sweet ride!"  They start heading down the White House's circular driveway and at the gate the guard says, "I can't let you take The President outside the gate."  So they just drive around inside the fence, and end up eating in the WH commissary.  Obama, of course, is a hoot.  Gawd I miss him!
Back to top Go down

TV Series: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
Page 1 of 1