HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Netflix Series: Living With Yourself

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Netflix Series: Living With Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Series: Living With Yourself   Netflix Series: Living With Yourself EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 5:31 pm

A low-rent (very) exploration of cloning and what happens if you're accidentally duplicated.

The writers had no original ideas.  The whole process of cloning and memory transfer are completely glossed over, and misrepresented.  The paradoxes of duplicates are played for laughs and never explored any deeper.  There is a lot (a LOT) or filler in most episodes, as if a 30 minute script had to be stretched to 60 minutes in post.

But I'm a sucker for this shit, so I watched it anyway.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Netflix Series: Living With Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix Series: Living With Yourself   Netflix Series: Living With Yourself EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 7:35 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
The paradoxes of duplicates are played for laughs and never explored any deeper.  

Well, in the second-to-last episode, when the wife decides to have an affair with "New Miles" and then feels guilty for chating on her husband, Old Miles... that's kind of novel. I mean he shares all of the memories of Old Miles and knows everything about her, but she just can't help feeling that sleeping with him is somehow cheating on Old Miles. That's a novel twist, I suppose.
Back to top Go down

Netflix Series: Living With Yourself
Page 1 of 1