HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Netflix Series: Heartstopper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Netflix Series: Heartstopper Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Series: Heartstopper   Netflix Series: Heartstopper EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 10:25 pm

I guess this was a big hit in England last year. It's about a budding romance at a boys grammar school in London.  The nerdy main character, Charlie, who is out, gets a crush on the rugby jock Nick, and it takes a few episodes before Nick decides he's bi. But Nick isn't ready to come out to his friends, so there's lots of drama.

It's very sweet and sex positive and the actors are all great.

The series is based on a graphic novel written by Alice Oseman, who I'm guessing is a lesbian.  The boys in the story are 16 years old, and their "romance" consists solely of kissing and snuggling.

I don't know about you, but when I was 16 my penis would not have been satisfied with kissing and hugging.  Boys may be more physical than girls, I don't know. It seemed very unrealistic to me that 16-year-old boys would be chaste. Girls, maybe. Boys never.

Also, literally everyone at the boys school (Fulham) and everyone at the associated girls school (Higgs) is gay. As the series develops everyone hooks up with everyone else -- in same sex couples.  This is another fantasy in the gay culture.  Straight people ("breeders") literally do not exist.

Even the teachers turn out to be gay.  All of them.

There is one opposite sex couple, but the Higgs girl (who is gorgeous) attended Fulham up until this this year, and a couple mentions are dropped that she left Fulham because of trans bullying.  So I guess she's a MTF trans?  Not really explored or explained, unfortunately, a real lost opportunity.

So, it was a feel-good two-season journey, from a lesbian writer, which was a totally unrealistic portrayal of real teens.  Almost Disneyfied maybe.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Netflix Series: Heartstopper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix Series: Heartstopper   Netflix Series: Heartstopper EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 11:15 am

Although maybe as a graphic novel, which is basically a comic book for older kids, the sex was eliminated to fit the market?
Back to top Go down

Netflix Series: Heartstopper
Page 1 of 1