Biden Wins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 9:14 am

Well my string of 100% wrong predictions remains unbroken.  Yay!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 10:23 am

Now we just need to get the majority or a tie in the Senate, so Joe isn't under McConnell's thumb the whole time.
Quote :
Do you remember the Republican senator who came under fire for benefiting from insider trading after she received a private congressional briefing on the coronavirus in January?

That was Kelly Loeffler. If she holds onto Georgia’s junior Senate seat, she won’t just be rewarded for all her wrongdoing -- she could be the 50th senator Republicans need to keep control in the chamber next year.

The good news is we can beat her. Democratic challenger Raphael Warnock had hundreds of thousands more votes than Loeffler on election night -- but, because there was a third candidate in the race and Warnock didn’t get more than 50% of the vote, we’re now headed for a runoff.

This special election could decide whether Mitch McConnell stays Senate Majority Leader or loses his title. As you can imagine, the race is receiving all kinds of attention from right-wing special interest groups and mega-donors. They’re doing everything they can to keep a Democrat who won more votes from beating a Republican who betrayed her constituents. Surprise, surprise.
Quote :
Under Georgia's unusual rules, a Senate candidate needs to hit 50% of the vote to avoid a runoff. But Loeffler, who was appointed late last year to fill the seat of retiring Sen. Johnny Isakson, faced multiple candidates in her race, including Warnock and GOP Rep. Doug Collins, depriving her of enough votes to win outright.

Georgia hasn't elected a Democratic senator in 20 years. But Democrats have new reasons for optimism, given Biden's increasingly strong performance in the state, 800,000 new voters registered in the last two years and the rapidly diversifying Atlanta suburbs. And unlike in November, Trump won't be on the ticket, potentially reducing GOP turnout.

But the fates of Perdue and Loeffler will still be tied to Trump. Both senators have come to his defense as he rails against the democratic process, baselessly charging that the election has been rigged against him.
Quote :
Georgia Position 2:
Raphael Warnock (Dem)  - runoff
32.9%
Kelly Loeffler (GOP)  ● - runoff
25.9%
Doug Collins (GOP)
20%
Deborah Jackson (Dem)
6.6%
Other Candidates
14.6%
Quote :
Georgia Position 1:
David Perdue (GOP)  ● - runoff
49.8%
Jon Ossoff (Dem)  - runoff
47.9%
Other Candidates
2.3%

You can BET the Republicans will be throwing everything they've got into these races.  The special runoff election is January 5.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 12:57 pm

Unbelievable. I was in Prospect Park with a group to do a walking meditation. About 5 minutes after we started to walk, there was the sound of cheering off in the distance. As the seconds passed, the wave of cheering got nearer and nearer and louder and louder, and suddenly everybody was pulling out their phones and shouting "Biden won!". By the time we finished our walk at Grand Army Plaza, it was chaos there. Crowds of people cheering and singing and dancing. Caravans of cars honking their horns and waving Biden/Harris signs out of the windows or sun roofs.

The favorite song, without a doubt:
"Na na na na. Na na na na. Hey hey hey. Good bye!"

Brooklyn really doesn't like Trump.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 1:08 pm

richard09 wrote:
Brooklyn really doesn't like Trump.

NoCoPilot wrote:
Gawd I love Seattle.

Analysis on the radio this morning, Seattle metropolitan area went 90% for Biden, 8% for Trump. 

Brooklyn:  74.6% for Biden, 25.4% for Trump

I personally don't buy for minute that Trump got anywhere near 47% of the vote.  But now that Biden has won I suppose nobody'll feel it's worth investigating.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 1:20 pm

There are a lot of rich old people in New York, and many will vote Republican (even though they shouldn't). And there's a good contingent of racists, too. So I wouldn't expect to approach 90%, even in the city. And upstate is like the rest of the rural areas (except maybe for the reservations).
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 3:51 pm

"Your term is done!  (At least in the White House anyway...)" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 4:00 pm

CNN was covering the election celebrations in Washington DC and a guy walks up, right behind the reporter, and holds up a big "FUCK TRUMP" sign.

The reporter was notified, and moved a few feet over.

The sign followed him.

I.

Don't.

Think.

Anyone.

Minded.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 6:14 pm

Wow, even Karl Rove is speaking, on Fox, appreciatively of Biden’s speech. Fox seems to have climbed out from under Trumps thumb rather quickly.

Trump must be fucking losing his mind.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 7:16 pm

I just gotta say:

I had pretty low expectations for Joe Biden.  I thought he was the weakest candidate in the Democratic primary, and I feared the worst when he emerged as the front-runner.  Luckily Trump screwed the pooch on Covid, so I think a bucket of eels could've beaten him.

But boy, was I wrong.

Biden first address to the nation, tonight, was phenomenal.  It hit all the right notes, had just the right tone, and was non-partisan.  It was truthful and inspiring, sobering and hopeful all at the same time.

I was dead wrong.  Biden is EXACTLY the president we need for this time.  Any Republicans who still oppose him now, after everything he's turned around, are going to be so obviously hyper-partisan that they cannot find any support.  I suspect even Faux News will have trouble finding anything negative to say about him.

And man -- what a difference from DJT.  Polar opposites.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 1:46 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 8:58 am

Change of mind.

Biden's gotten bogged down in trying to find consensus, trying to negotiate our way out of multiple competing crises.

It didn't work for Obama, and it ain't gonna work for Joe.

People keep saying ancient old Justice Stephen Breyer should step down so Biden can appoint his successor.

I say ancient old Joseph R. Biden needs to step down so the Harris-Abrams Administration can start kicking butts and taking names.  This country needs bold progressive moves--and FAST--or climate change, voter suppression, demagoguery and crumbling infrastructure will permanently resign us to Third World status.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 9:12 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
I personally don't buy for minute that Trump got anywhere near 47% of the vote.  But now that Biden has won I suppose nobody'll feel it's worth investigating.

The results of the Arizona fraudit are supposed (?) to be delivered this coming week, after 5-1/2 months of altering ballots and throwing away Biden votes.

If it was a legitimate recount it would show massive fraud in the Trump votes, with all kinds of altered tallies, and 14-1/2% of ballots changed in the machines from Biden to Trump.

But this won't be a real audit, because the Russians are paying for it as a CYA to try to overturn the election they fucked up, badly, because they hadn't counted on (at least) 65.8% of votes to be cast AGAINST Trump.

It won't matter what the fraudit says.  Nothing can overturn the election.  It's been certified.  Eight months ago.  When their methodology is exposed, it'll be widely mocked and lead to multiple lawsuits -- primarily by Dominion. Arizona already has to replace all of their voting machines and tabulators, at a cost of $3 million. Expect the Dominion lawsuit to be in the same range as their lawsuits against Giuliani, Powell and Lindell, $1.6 trillion with a T.

That'll put Arizona's Republicans in a sticky situation. Arizona's entire budget is in the neighborhood of $50 billion (with a B).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biden Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden Wins   Biden Wins Empty

Back to top Go down

Biden Wins
Page 1 of 1