Biden/Warren?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:16 am

Lots of speculation over the weekend because Joe met with Elizabeth.

Me, I don't see it. He hasn't got the will, and she probably wouldn't tie her wagon to somebody like him anyway.

I suspect he was setting up something else -- like an endorsement for Hillary. Or attempting to -- Elizabeth might not be inclined to support the ultimate Wall Street enabler.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Well, Amy Klobuchar just withdrew her name from consideration for Joe's VP in 2020.  She said a. She's busy healing her state Minnesota, and b. She thinks Joe should choose a woman of color, for the healing of the nation.

I agree.

Kamala Harris, a former prosecutor, would be a good choice.  Val Demings has law enforcement experience as well, which would serve the ticket in this time.

Zena Maxwell just made a salient point on Lawrence O'Donnell's show.  She said, why are we so worried about experience and previous governing, when Donald Trump is in the White House?
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:28 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Zena Maxwell just made a salient point on Lawrence O'Donnell's show.  She said, why are we so worried about experience and previous governing, when Donald Trump is in the White House?

We are concerned because we see what a lack of experience leads to (although being a completely corrupt moron is also bad).
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 6:42 pm

Top four VP candidates being considered, according to the latest rumors:

• Val Demings
  • Karen Bass
  • Kamala Harris
  • Elizabeth Warren

Joy Reid had on two of them tonite, Bass and Harris.  If anything there's an embarrassment of excellent candidates, but it sounded to me like Harris spoke with an additional confidence in her voice & demeanor.  I think Joe's notified her already.  He said he'll announce it next week.

Also:
Joe's speech tonite in Wilmington mentioned an idea he had: make college tuition free, at Historically Black Colleges and Universities, for any student whose parent(s) make $125,000 or less.  I think this is brilliant.  1, it recognizes the quality and status of HBCUs, 2, it integrates them, 3, it creates a whole new generation of well-educated youth among the bottom 2/3 of society, 4, it gives long-term financial stability to HBCUs, 5, it would not appeal so much to rich white kids who want to game the system and get free tuition.  Absolutely fucking brilliant!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 5:42 am

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 1:40 pm

Biden/Obama?

You can take that as either Barack or Michelle.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 10:53 am

Current handicapping:

5. Karen Bass

4. Tammy Duckworth

3. Gretchen Whitmer

2. Susan Rice

1. Kamala Harris
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Trump should dump that stiff cardboard cutout of Mike Pence, and get a new VP that would appeal to his base.

I hear Joe Arpaio is looking for a job.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Kamala Harris just announced as Joe Biden's pick, to almost nobody's surprise.

Good choice.

She'll be president by 2024, if not before.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 1:55 pm

Will lead to some tense discussions in 2023. A lot of mainstream America is still not ready for either a black president or a female one. But Obama and Hillary have done a lot to show what's possible. If we can get rid of enough of the congressional scumbags so that the presidency can set decent policy goals, America has a chance of recovering.

Winning the Senate is crucial.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 5:49 pm

In 2015, _Howard wrote:
A black Democratic woman in the Oval Office. Fucking Armageddon for the right wing. What fun it would be watching them sputter.

I think the general tenor of the times will prevent any personal attacks on a woman of color this year.

From everyone except Don Trump, who has no morals, no qualms, no red line he will not cross. As the Biden/Harris ticket picks up steam -- which I'm sure it will -- Trump will dig deep into his misogynistic black lump of coal where his heart (or soul) should be and start calling her "Aunt Jemima" or "Mammy" or "Sambo" or something, alienating any undecided black voters and thrilling his Klan base.

It'll be a sickening spectacle, I have no doubt.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 2:10 pm

Biden is introducing Harris at a press conference. Whoever wrote his speech did a very good job. Mrs NoCo asked, “I wonder if he has any of Obama’s speech writers on his staff?” I replied, “I bet he does.”

Joe is doing a very good job of reading the TelePrompTer. He sure is a better reader than the current president.

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 2:25 pm

Wow. Harris’s speech is wonderful. She hits hard, and tells the truth. She has me in tears.

She will make A VERY GOOD PRESIDENT in 2024.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Rachel had Susan Rice on tonite.  Susan has been through the vetting process, for various cabinet-level positions, several times.  This is a process, by the way, that elected officials never have to go through.

She told Rachel the vetting the Biden campaign put her through, as a possible Veep, was MUCH more rigorous, detailed and painful than anything she'd ever been through before.

Therefore there should be no surprises, no skeletons to derail Kamala Harris.  Already the Trump campaign is struggling to come up with a negative narrative about Harris that isn't, on the face of it, blatantly absurd or contradictory.  I watched a bit of Fox News tonight after her introduction at the press conference, and even they were forced to admit she was clear, well-spoken, she was believable, and she will be a very formidable opponent.

I said earlier Trump is having trouble making "Sleepy Joe" into a scary figure.  They'll have even more trouble demonizing Harris.

If they go after her gender, or her race, it'll backfire spectacularly with everyone but the Klan.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 1:16 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Trump will dig deep into his misogynistic black lump of coal where his heart (or soul) should be and start calling her "Aunt Jemima" or "Mammy" or "Sambo" or something, alienating any undecided black voters and thrilling his Klan base.
And people who should know better -- but maybe haven't read The Constitution recently -- are writing flat-wrong op-eds.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 3:54 pm

I'm surprised that they haven't yet declared her a Muslim. But it's still early.

I eagerly look forward to an Executive branch led by a young person - from California!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 9:35 am

Prediction:

Harris will ascend to the presidency before Biden's first term is over.  Right-wing pundits will grouse about her being "an unelected leader."

But she'll win her second term by a landslide, putting all doubts to rest.

Incidentally, my sister-in-law says that if Biden serves at least two years of his term (I think she said it was) before Harris steps in, she'd still be eligible for two terms as elected president under her own name -- so ten years total.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 7:04 am

I just had another scenario come into mind.

1. Biden wins a narrow victory
  2. Trump's armed supporters do not concede, but take to the streets
  3. In the run-up to the inauguration, one of the Proud Boys manages to shoot Biden and kill him
  4. Harris takes the oath of office on January 20
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 9:11 pm

I'm so angry with Republicans -- packing the courts, suppressing the vote, hobbling the Post Office, repeating Russian disinformation on the House floor, lying through their teeth on Fox News -- that I kinda hope Joe Biden does become a Trojan Horse.

I hope he turns over the office of the President to Kamala Harris in his first term.  I hope Kamala Harris appoints Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez  and Bernie Sanders to high positions, I hope the Green New Deal is passed through Congress, I hope gun laws make it illegal to own military firearms.  I hope EVERYTHING THEY FEAR COMES TRUE.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 2:23 pm

I want Joe to get the ball rolling, and step down after two years. If Kamala does a good job for the last two years, she is then eligible to be elected twice in her own right, and be president for ten years total. That will serve the confederates right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biden/Warren? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biden/Warren?   Biden/Warren? Empty

Back to top Go down

Biden/Warren?
Page 1 of 1