HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hulu Series: Killing Eve

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Hulu Series: Killing Eve Empty
PostSubject: Hulu Series: Killing Eve   Hulu Series: Killing Eve EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 8:17 am

Sandra Oh is a wonderful actor, so I was anxious to delve into her 2-season 16-episode Hulu serial.  She plays a low-level agent within MI5 who is promoted to help track a female serial killer after her research proves useful.

The first season was intriguing and suspenseful.  You never knew exactly where the story was going, and although some of the character decision choices seemed unmotivated, it was watchable.

The second season has a different writer.  The first episode immediately discarded all of what little logic remained in the characters, and people started doing things that made zero sense.  I found myself struggling to get through the first episode.  That's as far as I'm going to go, unfortunately. 

The show has elements of Black Mirror and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  It had promise.  Too bad they fucked it up.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Hulu Series: Killing Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hulu Series: Killing Eve   Hulu Series: Killing Eve EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 9:37 am

I watched the first season on BBC America, when it first came out (a couple of years ago). I thought it was Ok, and definitely pretty funny in spots. But I never quite understood why it is so popular (it has a strong fanbase). I tried reading the first book of the series, to see how that compared. I actually didn't really enjoy it very much. The TV series had a genuine dark-comedic vibe, the book was darker and less comedic, as far as I could see.
Back to top Go down

Hulu Series: Killing Eve
Page 1 of 1