HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy Atheist Thanksgiving

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Happy Atheist Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Happy Atheist Thanksgiving   Happy Atheist Thanksgiving EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 6:59 am

It's not wrong to stop and appreciate the good things in life, appreciate the unbelievable chain of unlikely events which led us to being here, now, smart enough to understand how unlikely it all is but not smart enough to make it a utopia.  We are truly stuck on the precipice of divinity.
Jennifer Furner wrote:
I don’t use the word “blessed” anymore.

Instead, I say “lucky.” I don’t believe in luck, exactly, only the arbitrariness of my good fortune. My life is merely a smattering of circumstances. If any of those circumstances had been changed in any way anywhere along the way, so would my life be changed.

I prefer this view. I will not believe in a God who gets to choose which people suffer.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Happy Atheist Thanksgiving   Happy Atheist Thanksgiving EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 9:09 am

Same to you.

From my fatalistic kind-of-Zen perspective, the Universe is what it is, and even though it doesn't care about mere humans, you are right, we can still be thankful for what we have.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Happy Atheist Thanksgiving   Happy Atheist Thanksgiving EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 8:42 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Atheist Thanksgiving   Happy Atheist Thanksgiving Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Atheist Thanksgiving
Page 1 of 1