HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Embryonic Sleep Capsule

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Embryonic Sleep Capsule Empty
PostSubject: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 6:46 am

So I'm laying in bed, tossing and turning as usual, pressure points, too hot, too cold --

And the thought occurs to me, has anyone ever invented a salty, heated liquid bath for sleeping? It would mimic the womb, and should prevent not only uncomfortable positions but also maybe those dreams we all have where we need to move quickly and it feels like our arms and legs are restrained.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 4:20 pm

They actually have those. They're called aquariums.*

*Aquariums not recommended for people or other primates
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Embryonic Sleep Capsule Avatar2
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 4:59 pm

_Howard wrote:
well they only have three fingers and a thumb. Like the Simpsons.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Don't you be demeaning the Simpsons, now.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Octal math is self-limiting.
Back to top Go down
SAI2

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:16 pm

You seem to be describing a sensory deprivation tank... like out of that film, Altered States when the main character takes some king of peyote and regresses into a pre-homosapien creature. The problem of course with an SDT would be salt saturation and turning over.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:24 pm

SAI2 wrote:
You seem to be describing a sensory deprivation tank...
Yes I suppose so.  There isn't any mention on Wikipedia however of using them for sleeping.

Googling "isolation tank" + "sleep" brings up this website.  Not very helpful.

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:29 pm

I remember the movie Altered States. I thought it was a modern version of Jekyll and Hyde. I don't remember the peyote, however. Wonder why that is.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 9:20 pm

This idea came up again tonight. Just before bed I saw a commercial for a Sleep Number bed, or a Tempur-pedic bed, that showed the customer adjusting the temperature of the bed with a little thermometer.

They don't do that of course.

You can adjust the firmness of an air bed like the Sleep Number, but not the temp. On days like this, where the outdoor temperature is in the mid-eighties, it'd be kinda nice to crawl into a bed set to 78 degrees.

Which makes me question all over again: we spend ONE THIRD of our freaking lives sleeping. Why the fuck hasn't anyone's invented a waterbed which uses a gel the same density as the human body, with an aquarium pump & filter to cleans the body and carry away urine? That eliminates pressure points, and automatically adjusts to your body temperature?

I did a little more googling.

You can buy home hyperbaric chambers to put you in 95% oxygen at 1.5 atmospheres for $21,000. No fluid though.

You can rent isolation flotation tanks by the hour or buy a $179 monthly subscription for "unlimited use" (would they let you sleep in it every night? Doubt it.)

Every single person that ever lived sleeps at night, usually for eight hours. There would be a market for an improved sleep system.

Or would you become like an astronaut, and begin losing muscle tone under weightlessness?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 pm

For most of my life, up until I was in my 50s, I slept on my stomach with a very thin goose down pillow under my chin.  That pillow went with me everywhere because I couldn't sleep without it.  Hotel pillows??  Fuggedaboutit.  Those awful thick firm things I can't IMAGINE how anybody uses them.

I wore that pillow out, and have never been able to find a replacement.

Sometime in my fifties I switched to laying on my side.  I think it was for snoring and sleep apnea, which have been severe for years.

I toss and turn.  My ears get cauliflowered and I have to turn over because they hurt so bad they wake me up.

Can't sleep on my back at all, my throat closes off immediately.  Can't sleep more than an hour or two in any position.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Tried a CPAP a few years ago.  Just made everything worse.

I just ordered a couple of cheap down pillows from Amazon.  I'll cut them down to 6" wide and take 99% of the stuffing out.

Mike Lindell's "My Pillow" is a sham, a standard shredded foam pillow for $50. And he's a big Trump supporter.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 11:32 am

Thinking about trying one of these:
Embryonic Sleep Capsule 71VLb%2BeaVQL._SX522_

Might help with apnea.

There's also beds designed for burn victims, which are fluid-filled to prevent scraping off new skin growth.

Embryonic Sleep Capsule Waterbed

These also control the temperature. Probably gawd-awful expensive though.

https://www.medindia.net/news/healthwatch/regulating-body-temperature-in-a-burns-patient-88300-1.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embryonic Sleep Capsule   Embryonic Sleep Capsule Empty

Back to top Go down

Embryonic Sleep Capsule
Page 1 of 1