Post Your Dreams Here

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Post Your Dreams Here Empty
PostSubject: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:07 am

I was hosting a party for our 12-step group. I was busy tidying up the house as guests file in. Most of them were congregating in the kitchen to get snacks and drinks. I was on the telephone, listening to some music I had recorded earlier in the day, but the cord on the phone was stretched to the max to reach the kitchen, so I started back toward the living room, flipping the cord as I went to keep it from tangling.

Unfortunately, the cord went right past John Gotti, and as I flipped it, it became wrapped around his neck. Now, John had always been very polite in group -- I knew he was in for anger management issues -- but still & all, you don't mess with a Mafia boss. I apologized profusely and unwrapped his neck. He smiled with his jaw clenched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:54 am

Sounds like a glimpse of what's happening to you in an alternate (quantum) universe.
Be careful.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:47 am

I was walking through my kitchen and noticed a spider had taken up residence under the table (which had become the eating nook in the house I grew up in, but whatever). This spider was huge, about 5" across, and hairy like a tarantula. As I looked at it in horror, another spider crawled down onto the web (do tarantulas make webs?) from under the table, and this one was even bigger, about 8" across. I backed slowly out of the room, so as not to disturb them while I ran for the vacuum. It wasn't in the closet where it should have been.

Frustrated, I returned to the kitchen to find the spiders hiding inside my electric lawn mower, which unaccountably was under the kitchen countertop now. I could just see the tips of some hairy legs peeking out.

"Ah-ha," I thought, "if I just start up the mower they'll get chopped up good." I pulled an extension cord over (female electric socket) and grabbed the power cord on the mower, which also (unaccountably) had a female socket. Where can I find a male-male power cord adapter?

As I was pondering this Mrs. NoCoPilot came over and said, "Oh you big baby" and just reached into the mower to pull it out. What she pulled out was a normal Dunguness crab with a red shell, which she preceded to peel and eat. "Delicious!" she proclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:14 pm

They don't make webs like you're used to seeing but they do use their silk to make stuff they need, like carpeting.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:07 am

Carpeting, and drapes, and maybe a nice lace doily for the table?
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 am

The "carpeting" helps with ants. Or act as molting mats. They can also do them across the door to their burrow to alert them to the presence of prey or enemies.

Point is they have silk they just don't spin webs like you're thinking of.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 am

I had a dream last night and for once I know exactly what triggered it. It was kinda slow at work yesterday so I spent some time cleaning up my AOL address book. I decided it was finally time to remove my sister, who passed away July 2011. So naturally I dreamed about her last night.

In my dream I was going through the box of her letters and pictures (which I kept), and ran across a photo I hadn't noticed before. It was one of those 3D pictures that move when you rotate it -- except I noticed that it wasn't just going back and forth between two pictures, but actually advancing one frame at a time through a movie.

I showed it to a friend of mine, who pointed out a port on the back of it, and used that port to hook it up to a computer. Suddenly the movie was playing at normal speed, and it was my sister and a bunch of her friends on an outing to an aviation museum. As I watched, we actually became part of the scene and we were all there together. I reached over and hugged my sister, and kissed her on the cheek -- something I never did while she was alive -- because I was aware that she was now dead.

Gawd I miss her.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:56 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Gawd I miss her.
No (hugs)
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:57 pm

I haven't dreamed lately. Which I find odd.
I fell rather spectacularly and busted my leg and shoulder and I think the pain pills are keeping me from dreaming- or at least recalling them.
Most rest I've had in a while.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Wow. I hope you're recovering OK. Broken legs are usually OK, but shoulders can be nasty.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:39 pm

richard09 wrote:
Wow. I hope you're recovering OK. Broken legs are usually OK, but shoulders can be nasty.
Thanks. It is. The leg is just sort of annoying but the shoulder is the real issue. We think I tore something and I can't raise my arm. I can get to my eye, but brushing my hair isn't happening. I'm basically working with a flipper. Which sucks monkey balls because I was to compete in my first powerlifting comp soon. Needless to say it will not be happening now.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 2:06 pm

That sucks. Hope it wasn't a training injury?

Last night I dreamt about scientists arguing over the yield on nuclear explosions, putting all sorts of formulae up on a whiteboard in my room. After an hour of arguing they finally settled on the right formula, which was about 10 factors long (and way over my head -- of course I can't remember it). But the scientist who wrote it out also wrote a English summary of it underneath, which I thought was poetic and beautiful.
Quote :
Ultimate yield=bitterness
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 2:20 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
That sucks. Hope it wasn't a training injury?

Last night I dreamt about scientists arguing over the yield on nuclear explosions, putting all sorts of formulae up on a whiteboard in my room. After an hour of arguing they finally settled on the right formula, which was about 10 factors long (and way over my head -- of course I can't remember it). But the scientist who wrote it out also wrote a English summary of it underneath, which I thought was poetic and beautiful.
Quote :
Ultimate yield=bitterness
No, not at all, I was no where near a gym. Which seems to be how it works for me. In the gym, where you'd expect the injuries to occur they never do. No, I decide to go and hurt myself in the more innocuous places like getting in my car downtown and on my own stairs.

And that is perfect. Isn't that neat that you recalled that from a dream?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Jenni wrote:

I fell rather spectacularly and busted my leg and shoulder

Fuck me.
I didn't know. When did this happen?
And I'm sorry to say, but I need to know the spectacularness of how it happened.
(Unless there's a lawsuit pending and you really can't say.)
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:48 pm

She was riding her Harley down a mountain road, leaning into the curve at 120 mph, and hit a patch of gravel. The rear wheel slipped out beneath her and she laid if down, sliding 350 feet down a meadow until she was brought to a halt by a 200 year old redwood tree.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:18 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
She was riding her Harley down a mountain road, leaning into the curve at 120 mph, and hit a patch of gravel. The rear wheel slipped out beneath her and she laid if down, sliding 350 feet down a meadow until she was brought to a halt by a 200 year old redwood tree.
Jesus Christ! Where the fudge do you think I live? Mountains? Redwoods?

And for the record I'm no Harley girl. The closest I ever came was an old Indian my dad had in a garage he was fixing up. (sorry- he was fixing the bike not the garage.) No, I'm a Gold Wing fangirl, even a Kawasaki. Not Harley.

No, I'm afraid it was nothing so fantabulous as all that; it was a run- of -the- mill staircase attack. The spectacularness was limited to "I didn't know I could still get my legs over my head like that at this age." Evil or Very Mad
But I did and it turns out the prize for doing so was some x rays and some Vicodin. And skipping deadlifts for a while. (The vicodin only somewhat makes up for that last part. )

It was fucking funny though. I hate no one got it on camera.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:58 am

Jenni wrote:
No, I'm afraid it was nothing so fantabulous as all that
Hey, whose dream *is* this?
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Jenni wrote:
No, I'm afraid it was nothing so fantabulous as all that
Hey, whose dream *is* this?
Razz Ok, fine. Have at it.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Jenni wrote:
And for the record I'm no Harley girl. ... No, I'm a Gold Wing fangirl, even a Kawasaki. Not Harley.
I knew you weren't perfect.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:00 pm

_Howard wrote:
Jenni wrote:
And for the record I'm no Harley girl. ... No, I'm a Gold Wing fangirl, even a Kawasaki. Not Harley.
I knew you weren't perfect.
tongue lol
I consider it a public service. It wouldn't be fair for me to be that damn fabulous.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:02 am

The convertible Buick behind the bookcases. The 2-inch gap between the wall and the floor, and the whole house shaking when the garage door is closed. The rain running down the bedroom wall and soaking the carpet.

Hey it made sense at the time.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:56 am

I've had dreams with snakes before but they never have bitten me.
This dream it not only bit me but tore the skin open some. My mom was trying to take me to the doctor but I was refusing and wanted to be sure my puppies were safe and the snake was dead. I remember putting the flap of skin over the wound so it wouldn't look so bad.
But the dream was so odd to me because like I say they have never bitten me before. No matter how much I had to handle them, I always managed to grab the head or something where I didn't get bit.
weird.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 am

Why do they call it a "snake bite" when the snake doesn't take a "bite" really? What they do is sink their fangs in and inject venom. That's more like a "sting" than a bite really.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:19 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Why do they call it a "snake bite" when the snake doesn't take a "bite" really? What they do is sink their fangs in and inject venom. That's more like a "sting" than a bite really.
Maybe because usually a sting is done with a stinger and a bite is done with the mouth? Even dogs bite without taking a chunk- or an actual bite. The teeth sink in and then come out and yes you've been bitten but much like a snake bit there is not a bite taken by the dog.
Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:15 pm

I think snake bite is proper, although such propriety would not be of concern at the time of biting.

merriam-webster.com wrote:
Definition of BITE
transitive verb
a : to seize especially with teeth or jaws so as to enter, grip, or wound
b : to wound, pierce, or sting especially with a fang or a proboscis

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Post Your Dreams Here Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Your Dreams Here
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next