HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You want to blame someone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

You want to blame someone? Empty
PostSubject: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 2:09 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Blame Hillary for being a terrible candidate.  She couldn't beat a rodeo clown.
The constant harping I hear about how badly the Democrats lost the election drives me nuts. Clinton got about three million more votes. The problem was not the candidate but an archaic, irrational system.

If you waste to place blame, you have about 62,979,636 names to collect.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Part of being a terrible candidate is neglecting the Electoral College. She was outplayed on that one. Badly.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:28 pm

There is a difference between a candidate and a campaign.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:34 pm

Now you're trying to tell me Hillary bears no responsibility for her campaign?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:35 pm

No. What I was trying to say is There is a difference between a candidate and a campaign.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:50 pm

With all due respect... they're related.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:58 pm

But one does not define the other.

The ability to campaign is not a quality by which I judge the worthiness of a candidate.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 5:21 pm

It shows a capability to govern -- an ability to motivate a team -- a knack for picking smart people -- an eye for the importance of goals --

Clinton = FAIL
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 6:11 pm

By that calculus, Trump is going to be a great president.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Well, he's already passed the first test, hasn't he.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 6:53 pm

No, not really. I maintain that the election was fixed, but even if you don't accept that, he didn't persuade people to vote for him. By your own argument, people failed to vote for Hillary, they weren't persuaded by Trump. He hasn't presented anything positive. No policies, no appointments, not even any communications that could be positively translated. In his current spat with Meryl Streep, she appears far more presidential than he does.

If someone asked me what I would say to "president Trump": if I wanted to communicate at a 5th grade level, I'd talk to a ten year old.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 7:37 pm

richard09 wrote:
He hasn't presented anything positive.
Au contrare, mon petit chien!

Trump's campaign was very successful in overcoming a ton of negative press, and he's been very successful in selling himself to voters who stand to be hurt, very badly, by his policies. But "nothing positive"? He's been a godsend to the radical right, the so-called "alt-right" who want to roll back almost all of the progressive gains of the past fifty years. He's signaled his willingness to advance their agenda, and it looks like they'll get everything that Congress can pass in the short-lived honeymoon period (before the proverbial shit hits the proverbial fan. Which it will).

He's been very, very positive for the people we oppose.

They won the election by packaging the wants of the 1% in a message that appealed to the under-educated among the 99%. Now they -- and we -- get to feel the burn of the result. It was a masterful sales job, and he is to be commended for what is turning out to be Trump's Ultimate Con.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 8:02 am

You and I have very different ideas of what is commendable.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 9:39 am

I can appreciate the brush strokes of a master. When I lose -- and lose badly -- it is comforting to know that I lost to a more accomplished opponent.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 am

We have differing views of what just happened.
Back to top Go down
kilo

kilo

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 1:20 am

I don't really blame anyone or anything. The veneer of political comity and social harmony was wearing a bit thin; it was just a matter of time. Can't help reflecting on the fact that less than 80,000 voters decided the election while 46,000,000 eligible voters couldn't be bothered to cast a vote at all.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 am

That's because "no matter who you vote for, the government always gets in."
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 2:57 pm

kilo wrote:
...while 46,000,000 eligible voters couldn't be bothered to cast a vote at all.

I hear this mentioned often, but I have to wonder how many of those who did not vote did it for reasons other than laziness. How many of them were prevented from voting by the Republicans' voter suppression laws? How many minority voters were just scared away from the polls? I'm sure there are at least some of them who had valid reasons for not voting (maybe a weak stomach).

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 6:07 pm

A good friend of mine voted the full ballot, except for US President.

"I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for either one of them," he said.  I fully understood.  It was a Morton's fork.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 6:23 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
"I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for either one of them,"

I think that is bullshit. Fuck his conscience; there are more important considerations than him making himself feel superior to those of us who are willing to gag while we are voting.
Back to top Go down
kilo

kilo

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 1:39 am

_Howard wrote:
kilo wrote:
...while 46,000,000 eligible voters couldn't be bothered to cast a vote at all.

I hear this mentioned often...

You're correct. I was lazy. Voter suppression is real. As is this particular type of contemporary political vanity:

Quote :
"I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for either one of them," he said.

Yeah, damned if I'll have anyone choose the next few Supreme Court justices who doesn't meet up with my personal standards. I couldn't live with myself.

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Some of this applies to people other than Bernie.

Shut Up, Bernie Sanders
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 12:21 pm

I agree.
Quote :
Political losses should yield a real examination of what went wrong, but Sanders is someone who, on par with a robot, just repeats what’s already been programmed. The man is not saying anything new or remotely insightful.
He torpedoed his own candidacy by relentlessly hewing to his populist, but frankly unwinning, speech about "income redistribution." You can't win office pissing off everyone with power & influence.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:22 pm

I disagree with most of what is in the article. But I often disagree with Arceneaux. He loves to talk but seldom does anything other than piss and moan, no matter what the subject.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You want to blame someone?   You want to blame someone? Empty

Back to top Go down

You want to blame someone?
Page 1 of 1