HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Survival Plan for the Next Four Years

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Survival Plan for the Next Four Years Empty
PostSubject: Survival Plan for the Next Four Years   Survival Plan for the Next Four Years EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 8:14 pm

I've decided the best way, the ONLY way to get through the next 4 years is to:

• Not watch any MSNBC or Fox News
  • Turn off any radio or TV news that veers into politics
  • Not read any newspapers
  • Not read any news magazines
  • Not discuss politics with anyone
Perhaps, if this works, I will emerge in 2020 from my self-imposed news ban with an intact sanity, and I can re-engage with the world again.

Until then, I don't want to hear it!
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Survival Plan for the Next Four Years   Survival Plan for the Next Four Years EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 5:04 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
I've decided the best way, the ONLY way to get through the next 4 years is to:

• Not watch any MSNBC or Fox News

Perhaps, if this works, I will emerge in 2020 from my self-imposed news ban with an intact sanity, and I can re-engage with the world again.!

Not watching any Fox "news" is a good plan for any time. I can't understand why anyone with a bit of intelligence ever watches that drivel.

We wilk be lucky if any of us emerge in 2020. Period.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Survival Plan for the Next Four Years   Survival Plan for the Next Four Years EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 6:06 pm

I started watching Fox -- or to be more accurate, dropping in on Fox now and then until the gag reflex kicked in -- during the campaign. It was interesting, to me, that on any news day Rachel Maddow was reporting a completely different set of facts, a completely different "news day" than Sean Hannity. It was like they were on two different planets, two different timezones, two completely unrelated realities.

I became morbidly curious whenever particularly big events showed up on MSNBC. For instance, they reported the Access Hollywood recordings the day they were released to the press. Fox carried an entirely DIFFERENT story, something to do with Hillary's private server, if memory serves.

A couple days later, when the Access Hollywood story hadn't gone away, Fox begrudgingly reported it. Along with more revelations about Hillary's server.

What's interesting were the polls in the last few days before the election. MSNBC was reporting that Hillary had a 98% change of winning, and that Trump's path to Electoral College victory was nearly impossible. Surprisingly, Fox was reporting the same thing. They all but eulogized the Trump campaign the day before the election.

Everyone was wrong. Not just a little wrong, either.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Survival Plan for the Next Four Years   Survival Plan for the Next Four Years EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 1:22 pm

This is some entertaining stuff. He admits it's not actually going to happen, but still...
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Survival Plan for the Next Four Years   Survival Plan for the Next Four Years EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 2:16 pm

The guy makes some very good and salient points. Especially about the goobers who overlook their state governments (my state is perfect) and blame the wrong people and institutions for their problems. Of course, these are the same people who keep harping on "personal responsibility," while denying that they - or their local governments - have had anything to do with their problems.

His criticisms of the Electoral College are well placed. Until that ridiculous system is discarded, the idea that the US is a representative democracy will continue to be bull shit. If the College tied things up (which the majority vote would never do), the House vote would be even more undemocratic, as each state gets only one vote in the House.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survival Plan for the Next Four Years   Survival Plan for the Next Four Years Empty

Back to top Go down

Survival Plan for the Next Four Years
Page 1 of 1