HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pwned by your printer!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Pwned by your printer! Empty
PostSubject: Pwned by your printer!   Pwned by your printer! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 4:10 pm

This is different.

Pwned by your printer!
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Pwned by your printer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pwned by your printer!   Pwned by your printer! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Thanks for that, Richard. I only have one computer hooked to my printer, but after reading that article, I checked and the printer sharing was turned on by default. It's now off.

Those assholes are good at finding ways to fuck with people for no good reason. My UPS is several years old and doesn't have a software version for Windows 7. In fact, Belkin no longer makes UPS devices. I've had problems with the XP software - always got it to work, but it was flaky. A while back I did a google search for software for the device - hoping someone had hacked a new version of it - and was surprised when I found links to malware code that got in through the UPS software. Fucking amazing!

I have finally figured out how to make the software work flawlessly now with Windows 7, but I don't like the idea of someone trying to fuck with my computer through this tiny little program.

Back to top Go down

Pwned by your printer!
Page 1 of 1