HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Google DeepMind cyber-brain cracks tough AI challenge: Beating a top Go board-game player

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Google DeepMind cyber-brain cracks tough AI challenge: Beating a top Go board-game player Empty
PostSubject: Google DeepMind cyber-brain cracks tough AI challenge: Beating a top Go board-game player   Google DeepMind cyber-brain cracks tough AI challenge: Beating a top Go board-game player EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 8:56 pm

This is impressive, much more impressive than the current chess programs. There are two basic approaches to tackling these board games. You can try and crunch the possible moves on straight calculation, relying on your hardware to out-calculate the human. Or, you can try and restrict the number of positions your program looks at, reserving your calculation power for what seem to be the most promising lines. That means your program tries to play more like a human. In the world of chess programs, the calculators basically swamped the people who were trying the second approach, out-performing them because hardware improved very rapidly and the programming for the "human" approach is more difficult. In Go, the straight calculation approach is much less feasible than in chess, so the more human-like approach has had time to develop.

Google DeepMind cyber-brain cracks tough AI challenge: Beating a top Go board-game player
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Google DeepMind cyber-brain cracks tough AI challenge: Beating a top Go board-game player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google DeepMind cyber-brain cracks tough AI challenge: Beating a top Go board-game player   Google DeepMind cyber-brain cracks tough AI challenge: Beating a top Go board-game player EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:40 am

Fascinating article. I don't know the rules of Go, but it doesn't look easy or straightforward. The method they took to achieving the ability to win is very interesting. I need to read the rules of Go so that I can better understand what the did.

This remark, however, drives me nuts:
Quote :
Tesla founder Elon Musk and others have voiced concerns that such AI system eventually could exceed human intelligence and potentially break free from our control.
I have heard numerous so-called intellectuals make that statement and it is ludicrous at best. SkyNet was pretend, people.
Google DeepMind cyber-brain cracks tough AI challenge: Beating a top Go board-game player Pulling%20the%20pluig_zpstydj95dv
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1