Rants Go Here!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Rants Go Here! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants Go Here!   Rants Go Here! - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:17 pm

While I'm at it, another rant: FM radio announcers.

There are a couple of classical music stations I sometimes listen to online, through my iPad to my stereo. It's an easy way to fill the room when I'm reading and don't want to change discs every hour. However, without exception the announcers, who are much better behaved than rock radio announcers, are way too loud and talk into a microphone 1/2" from their mouth. It's like having a 12-foot mouth talking in my music room.

Back up a foot. Talk softly, the same volume as the majority of the music. Fit in with the program, rather than overwhelming it.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Rants Go Here!   Rants Go Here! - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 9:24 am

When I first arrived in America, I was prepared (I thought)for there being a lot of ads on American TV. After all, there's commercial TV in England too, right? Boy was I wrong. The sheer volume of ads is stupefying. If you watch an hour of broadcast TV, anywhere from a quarter to a third of the time is spent on commercials. That's mind-boggling enough, but then there's the subjects of the ads. Prescription drugs, seriously? Ludicrous. Lawyers? Just as unbelievable. Insurance, of all kinds? Why would anyone need so much insurance?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Rants Go Here!   Rants Go Here! - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 2:55 pm

I keep seeing ads for drugs to help your memory, but as soon as I get to the store I forget the name of them.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Rants Go Here!   Rants Go Here! - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 12:49 pm

Why THE HELL is it taking so long for Donald Trump to get charged with his numerous well-documented crimes? Why did it take so long for Giuliani to lose his law license? Why hasn't William Barr been disbarred? Why are Trump's children and their spouses still running free? Why haven't any January 6 rioters been executed for treason? Why hasn't Congress expelled the members who voted to decertify the 2020 election? Why hasn't Biden given up on bipartisanship and simply moved ahead with the agenda the country sent him to Washington to enact?

Grrrrrr.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Rants Go Here!   Rants Go Here! - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 9:08 pm

Six months later these are all still good questions.

Double grrrrr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rants Go Here!   Rants Go Here! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rants Go Here!
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8