HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

“The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

“The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision Empty
PostSubject: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 5:22 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

“The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Somebody also desecrated Bill Cosby's star on the Hollywood walk of fame.

Damn vigilantes.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 6:42 am

On the news last night, pictures of a statue in Nashville on private land but visible from the interstate, a 25-foot tall statue of a Klu Klux Klan leader on his horse, surrounded by Confederate flags.

The South is a strange strange place.

Get this: It was erected by the lawyer who defended Martin Luther King's assassin.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 12:02 pm

I don't think the South is actually "strange". I just think a bunch of racists live there.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Have you ever been in the south, Richard? It is indeed strange.

The last report I heard was that the  city council of Nashville is going to plant a bunch of trees to hide the statue from view.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 7:21 pm

I have visited Jacksonville, FL several times, and actually lived and worked there for a year or two. One while I was "commuting" to Plano, TX (fly down Monday morning, fly back Friday evening). Another consulting assignment was in Kansas City, same sort of deal but only a few weeks long that time.

Perhaps my perceptions are colored by being a foreigner. I feel like I understand New York City life, at least somewhat. But the rest of America looks somewhat strange to me, even northern places like New Jersey. The South doesn't really strike as more strange than the Northern places I've seen, just (even) more racist.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Perhaps you're right, Richard. I realize that it has been a very long time since I was in the South. The last time was briefly in 1969, but before that it was when they still had "Colored Only" and "Whites Only" signs. Maybe it has improved.

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 2:24 pm

It has improved quite a lot in the more overt ways. But I think the underlying attitudes are really not much changed at all. There's that old saying about beauty being skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone. In a lot of places, they've put on some make-up, but the old ugly is still there just under the surface.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Maybe I am just unforgiving, but every time I hear those assholes refer to the Confederate battle flag as representing their heritage I want to throw up.

My mother's family was from the South. The first of them arrived in 1643 from Scotland. In scouring what I have been able to learn of that side of the family, I cannot find anyone born outside of the South since 1643 until 1944 - and that was me. So I probably have more southern heritage than the majority of the assholes crying over their silly flag. And I have at least one great-great-grandfather who served in the Confederate army - the 32nd Alabama Regiment.

In looking at documents of the ancestors, I ran across a will of another (greats)-grandfather filed in 1764 that contained this text:

Quote :
I the said Israel Baxter do give and bequeath to my son Stephen Baxter one feather Bed & Furnature I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Sarah Baxter one side saddle & Briddle I give and grant to my son David Baxter One Negro wench Named Dinah Bought by said Israel Baxter of John Hardee to him and his heirs forever also my axes hoes and plantation Tools whatsoever I give and grant to my son Theophilus Baxter one Grey Horse Branded with a G & also all my of (?) hand and Book Depts that is Due unto myself.

I was sickened and ashamed when I read this. A person is listed in the same manner as a feather bed and some tools. I also found a will written in the same era by a (greats)-grandmother, in which she left her son a "negro wench" named Doll and her two sons.

If the idiots in the South want to continue to proclaim their pride in this heritage, then I will continue to believe that they are all reprehensible troglodytes.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:33 pm

Times change.

NORTH of the Mason-Dixon line.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Yes, times change. But I'm not sure that's always true of people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision   “The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision Empty

Back to top Go down

“The true people of South Carolina” deface Nikki Haley’s Facebook wall with racist rants after Confederate flag decision
Page 1 of 1