HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Trainwreck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Trainwreck Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Trainwreck   Movie: Trainwreck EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I went and saw Amy Schumer's movie today.  I've been on kind of a mini-Amy Schumer kick lately, and I thought (from the previews) that it might be like one of her stand-up routines -- smart, brutally non-PC and occasionally funny.

It wasn't anything like I expected.  The trailer shows every comedy scene in the movie.  The rest of it is serious, with some pretty good acting.  Her dad dies, she falls in love with a guy, they have problems, they break up.  In between the one-liners shown in the trailer, it's not really a comedy.  Okay, it's a Rom-Com, (with all the ups and downs that implies), but with some real serious scenes and some real serious acting.  Serious camera work and a script that was written down.

Okay, it's not the best movie of the year.  It followed the standard Rom-Com template -- guy wins girl, guy loses girl, guy tries to make up with girl. Nobody's gonna win any Oscars for this.  But it wasn't actually half bad and I saw a side of Schumer I hadn't seen before.

It was surprisingly not terrible.
Back to top Go down

Movie: Trainwreck
Page 1 of 1