HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Draft Warren

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Draft Warren   Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:49 am

MoveOn wrote:
As I've pointed out before, most people would hate running for president. It's a huge undertaking. It's exceptionally difficult. Grueling, in fact. And it's even harder without Wall Street and big-money backers funding you.

But, together, we're building a movement to show Sen. Warren that she has enormous support. She—and I believe she alone—has a historic opportunity, right now, to take on the corruption in our political system. And she's inspired such energy that I believe she has the ability to raise money one grassroots supporter at a time—like Barack Obama did in 2008.

On the other hand, if Sen. Warren doesn't run for president, we're facing the prospect of a Democratic non-primary campaign that generates a nominee who has not had to enlist the support of a grassroots movement. That's a dangerous prospect, not just for Democrats but for our democracy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:09 pm

I would love to see Elizabeth Warren run for president. I don't think she has a chance at all of getting elected, but she can pull the narrative to the left and force Hillary into positions more amenable to me.

I personally don't like Hillary Clinton, but I think she's the only Democrat who has a shot at getting elected, and I don't see any Republicans out there who can beat her. That aside, I do believe that she is the most-qualified to hold the office of anyone who will run in 2016.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richard09

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:08 pm

I commented to somebody today that I would sooner see Bill Clinton back than any of the candidates around. I wasn't joking. And they agreed with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:39 pm

A vote for Hill is a vote for Bill, yup you got it.

If we're going to start electing First Ladies to get around term limits, let's bring back Laura Bush.  She was decent. Or Blackie O.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:01 am

You really need to stop watching Fox News.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 pm

MoveOn.org wrote:
Run Warren Run
Dear fellow MoveOn member,

On Monday, I spoke with a room full of MoveOn members about the critical need to get big money out of our politics—and why I think Elizabeth Warren would be the best presidential candidate to take on this challenge today.

We all know that there's a laundry list of issues that need to be addressed by our next president—climate change, Social Security expansion, and more. But I believe wholeheartedly that the root of corruption in our government and economic inequality in our country today is the rampant, unaccountable money in our politics.

Elizabeth Warren has consistently shown that she has the independence, passion, and commitment to tackle this problem.

That's why I hope you'll watch me explain why we need her voice in the 2016 presidential debate and then share my video with a friend or two.

Thanks for all you do.

–Lessig

Lawrence Lessig is a professor at Harvard Law School and a co-founder of Mayday PAC, which fights to get big money out of politics.
Whether Warren could win without "big money" behind her is open to question.

She just needs to get more votes than anyone else.

But the Americsn voter has proven himself susceptible to manipulation. O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
She just needs to get more votes than anyone else.
Well, not exactly. She needs to get more electoral votes. The popular vote doesn't count. Unfortunately.

A short time ago I read an article which pointed out that both parties can count on 45% of the electorate, no matter who's running or what's going on in the country. So the election is for the other ten percent of the voters. To make it worse, it's only for that ten percent of the voters in a few "battleground" states. Political scientists describe these undecided voters as "low information" voters, who know little about the candidates or the issues, preferring to vote on "gut feelings."

That should make us all feel better. Right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Warren delivered a BLISTERING speech at the American Constitution Society tonight, no shit, it had me in tears.

Immediately following her was Joe Biden, boring as usual but delivering a point about Trump threatening the federal judge who is hearing his fraud case, when he said after his election he'd get back at the judge. Biden pointed out this would be an impeachable offense.

Talk in the air tonight, Warren for VP. All-female ticket. Interesting....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:59 am

A Clinton-Warren ticket is very appealing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:13 pm

Elizabeth Warren may be coming back in 2020. She’s the only candidate I could see healing the country.

Watch this space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:41 pm

Cory Booker or Kamala Harris as Vice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Warren   

Back to top Go down

Draft Warren