HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood   Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Quentin Tarrentino's new movie is a bit of a departure for him, there's hardly any violence until suddenly there is, and then it's over just as suddenly. The rest of the movie is a loving(?) portrait of Hollywood in 1969, with period music, period TV, period clothes, period cars, period drugs. It all looked absolutely spot-on.

There were a lot of references to & clips from famous movies & TV shows. Many only a true devotee would appreciate (which meant many of them went over my head). Tarrentino comes off as a true devotee.

Brad Pitt was excellent. Leonardo DiCaprio was excellent. Al Pacino was excellent. The rest of the cast was excellent.

The movie was quieter, calmer, more loving and more thoughtful than I'm used to from him.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood   Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 11:37 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
There were a lot of references to & clips from famous movies & TV shows.  Many only a true devotee would appreciate (which meant many of them went over my head).  

Back to top Go down

Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Page 1 of 1