HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Tale of Sioux Titties

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

A Tale of Sioux Titties Empty
PostSubject: A Tale of Sioux Titties   A Tale of Sioux Titties EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Many many years ago -- 1969 in fact -- I taped a song off the radio. It was a very nice slide guitar blues, something of which I've always been fond.

But I did not catch the artist or the track title, and I spent from 1969 to 2014 looking for it. The lyrics were obscure and mumbled, and ended up not revealing the title anyway. I played the song for dozens of blues experts, and nobody could identify it. Google was no help on what I thought the lyrics were.

Finally in 2014 I identified the track using Shazam. I downloaded it, and a couple other songs by the same artist (Mike Cooper), and made a short CD.

Tonite I was playing another blues CD by a different artist, and decided I'd like to hear my Mike Cooper again. I could not remember his name, but I remembered a few words of the title (paper, smoke) and Google led me to the abum.

Looking a little further online, I found that the album I'd sampled was a 2-CD compilation, and this dude has DOZENS of releases on Discogs. Checking around online, I found four of his oldest ones (1969-1972) available for free download.

So I did and I am.

I love the internet.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

A Tale of Sioux Titties Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Sioux Titties   A Tale of Sioux Titties EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Speaking of acoustic slide blues guitar, I used to have a 1974 Kicking Mule LP of this German dude named Peter Finger who made all his own guitars.

LP’s never been reissued on CD.

For some reason I thought of it tonite, and yep within a half hour I had a high-def rip of the music and high-def scans of the front and back cover.

I don’t know how any record label stays in business these days.
Back to top Go down

A Tale of Sioux Titties
Page 1 of 1