HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse Empty
PostSubject: Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse   Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 6:07 pm

Very clearly expressed, and hard to argue against.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse   Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Ermmm..... Interesting article, and I agree that the ennui of the American character is particularly weird right now....

But I don't know if "collapse" is the right word.

I think people still care. I think the country still cares. I think there are reserves of strength that haven't been tapped yet. I think American politics is in a weird "things-are-so-fucked-up-that-nobody-can-fix-things" mode right now, but given a strong candidate, with an agenda, I think it'd bounce right back.

-Pollyanna
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse   Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 5:45 pm

You have a ridiculous amount of optimism, NoCo.

America's problems are well illuminated and obvious. The author of that article referenced the real problem a couple of times: extreme capitalism. It is an unworkable system when competing against (supposed) democracy. Democracy and unfettered capitalism cannot survive as a composite system.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse   Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 7:06 pm

You are correct.  So let’s find a candidate to give Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders the tools they need to limit unfettered capitalism and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse   Why We’re Underestimating American Collapse Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1