Hobby Lobby

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Hobby Lobby Empty
PostSubject: Hobby Lobby   Hobby Lobby EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Mrs NoCo wants a big antiquey-looking clock for the new house and told me to look at Hobby Lobby. Normally I wouldn't patronize those right-wing anti-woman assholes, but when the spouse says jump I say how high.

I was surprised to find a whole aisle of jewelry, housewares, clothing, and decoration with firearms themes. Cabinet pulls made to look like bullets. Pens in the shape of 50 caliber bullets. Picture frames made out of pistols. Pictures of soldiers and hunters posed with dead animals. Clothing hooks made of antlers and skulls.

I know there's a certain contingent of xtians who see deadly weapons as part of the culture, but it still shocked me to see this aisle.

Takes a weird, weird mindset to equate godshit with killingshit.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Hobby Lobby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby Lobby   Hobby Lobby EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 3:21 pm

I'm surprised that you were surprised.

Fortunately, we don't have a Hobby Lobby store here. If there was one, I would not shop there, nor would the Mrs. We don't shop at WalMart - there's one about ten miles away - and we were active in the local resistance to the one they had planned for construction here. WalMart lost.

There is nothing those stores have that I could not find elsewhere, or do without.
Back to top Go down

Hobby Lobby
Page 1 of 1