HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So why hasn't this person been fired?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

So why hasn't this person been fired? Empty
PostSubject: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 7:28 am

Quote :
Think of it this way. Someone who objects to war due to his religious conscience has a right to be a conscientious objector and not serve in the military, even were there to be a draft. But he does not have the right to serve as a military officer, draw a paycheck from the military and then substitute his own personal views of when war is justified for that of the government. The same applies here.

Here's why this is monumental.  This opens up a whole new era where religious beliefs are no longer federally protected.  Where "freedom of religion" no longer can be used as a shield against discrimination or prosecution. If you can fire someone for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, then a pharmacist can be fired for refusing to sell morning-after pills.

When religious views conflict with societal laws -- wearing the hijab in an airport for instance -- it is now legal according to SCOTUS to force the person to give up their religious practices.  No more female circumcision. No more "conscience" objections to performing perfectly-legal abortions. No more back-alley agreements between religious conservatives and law enforcement.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:34 pm

"I just wanna give God the glory..."

Kim Davis was released from prison today.  Mike Huckabee turned it into a photo op for himself, and played it as a "downtrodden Christians" victory.  Why the county hasn't fired her lazy ass for refusing to carry out the lawful duties of her office I cannot explain.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 7:17 am

She's an elected official, so she cannot be fired; she must be impeached by the state legislature.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 7:44 am

Quote :
Official misconduct

The Rowan County Attorney's Office said it has referred to the Attorney General of Kentucky Jack Conway's office a charge of official misconduct against Davis.[56] The decision of whether to file charges is up to the Attorney General Conway.[57]

According to Kentucky Revised Statute 522.020,

A public servant is guilty of official misconduct in the first degree when, with intent to obtain or confer a benefit or to injure another person or to deprive another person of a benefit, knowingly commits an act relating to his office which constitutes an unauthorized exercise of his official functions or refrains from performing a duty imposed upon him by law or clearly inherent in the nature of his office or violates any statute or lawfully adopted rule or regulation relating to his office.[58]

Official misconduct in the first degree is a Class A misdemeanor and is punishable with imprisonment not to exceed 12 months and fines of $500. Official misconduct in the second degree is a Class B misdemeanor and carries a potential punishment of up to 90 days imprisonment and fines of $250.[58]

The Kentucky Attorney General may appoint a special prosecutor to investigate whether she violated the state official misconduct statute when her office refused to issue a license to a Rowan County gay couple.[59] "We're reviewing that matter," said Leland Hulbert, a spokesperson for the Kentucky Attorney General's office. "Whether or not our office assigns a special prosecutor about possible criminal charges, that is probably yet to be determined."[60] "I understand that passions are high on both sides of this issue, but we are a nation of laws, and no one can defy an order from a federal judge," Conway's office further noted.[61]
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 9:23 am

Yes, I've read that article. But notice that it doesn't mentioning removing her from office.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 12:54 pm

According to Bill Maher yesterday:‪
Quote :
#‎KimDavis‬ makes 80k. The average income in Rowan County: $13,888. Forget Brokeback Mountain, the people of Rowan County are the ones getting assfucked.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:05 pm

Yuh-huh, I just wish somebody could explain how the fuck Christians are harmed by gays marrying.
Quote :
Her argument and incarceration have resonated deeply among Christian conservatives who say they fear an erosion of religious liberty, and transformed an obscure local official in a rural corner of Kentucky into a national symbol of unyielding resistance to same-sex marriage.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Apparently Kim Davis has a wide knowledge of marriage, as she has been married four times.

the article wrote:
“She gave birth to twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband but adopted by her second”

She has recently left the Democratic Party to become a Republican.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 2:31 pm

Good FAMILY VALUES. Give God the glory.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 3:07 pm

Quote :
I am not perfect. No one is. But I am forgiven and I love my Lord and must be obedient to Him and to the Word of God. I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage.
I'm surprised a functional illiterate can hold her job.

She obviously has never read a bible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So why hasn't this person been fired?   So why hasn't this person been fired? Empty

Back to top Go down

So why hasn't this person been fired?
Page 1 of 1