HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results Empty
PostSubject: Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results   Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results   Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 1:12 pm

It has helped in California since we took the district drawing away from the legislature. The city I am in is no longer connected to a large city a hundred miles away. For the first time since I've been here, I have the opportunity to vote for a non-Republican candidate for the House. Previously, the district was so heavily Republican that no other party even put up a candidate.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results   Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 7:42 pm

Hopeful, yes. But why is it that citizens must resort to referendums to do what politicians should do, and were elected to do? Whatever happened to "representative democracy"?
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results   Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 9:26 pm

I read in a book once: a politician should prioritize first, what his constituents want, second, what his party wants, and third, what he personally wants. In practice, he always judges that the best idea is to actually reverse this order of preference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results   Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Citizen-Led State Gerrymandering Reforms Start to Show Results
Page 1 of 1