HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We may not have science on our side, but we have faith

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

We may not have science on our side, but we have faith Empty
PostSubject: We may not have science on our side, but we have faith   We may not have science on our side, but we have faith EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Had a discussion over on a music forum about analog vs digital, LPs versus CDs. My god there's a lot of temerous bullshit in circulation on this subject. No matter how many sober scientific articles you point to, all proving listeners cannot hear the digital artifacts they swear they cannot abide, the analog faithful continue to hew to their chosen gospel.

Creepy.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: We may not have science on our side, but we have faith   We may not have science on our side, but we have faith EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:28 pm

Vinyl sounds different from CDs.
Tube amps sound different from solid state amps.
Don't even get me started on speakers.

As long as people just say "I prefer this to that" ther is no problem. Many people really do prefer one sound over another and that's perfectly fine. But when they have to make up shit to try and justify their preference (which they don't have to do), it's irritating and insulting to those with other preferences.

Artifacts my ass.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: We may not have science on our side, but we have faith   We may not have science on our side, but we have faith EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:42 pm

I wouldn't THINK of getting you started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We may not have science on our side, but we have faith   We may not have science on our side, but we have faith Empty

Back to top Go down

We may not have science on our side, but we have faith
Page 1 of 1