HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children Empty
PostSubject: An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children   An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:45 pm

This is as bad as the child molestation scandals. The Roman Catholic church should be declared an organized crime syndicate, and all members treated appropriately.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children   An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 10:38 am

I dunno.

The children died between 1926 and 1961 -- that's over a timespan of 35 years.  22 kids per year, 2 per month.  During that timeframe we had the polio epidemic, the Second World War and a lot of poverty in Ireland.  The facility was a home for homeless mothers & children -- an orphanage for the extremely poor and probably ill.  

I'm not quite sure what the issue is -- "no gravestones, no toys or trinkets" -- for homeless kids?  Yeah, it's shoddy recordkeeping and doesn't reflect well on the Catholic charity, but I'm not sure I'd classify it as a death camp.  More like a halfway house for the underprivileged, during a time when social services were a lot less helpful than today.

And the mass grave was discovered in 1975.

And as the article points out, abortion was (and still is, I believe?) illegal in Ireland. Apparently toddler deaths are more palatable to Catholics than fetus deaths.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children   An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:34 am

They are monstrous, trust me.

The Catholic Irish babies scandal: It gets much worse
Quote :
What Ireland is only now beginning to fully investigate and understand is a story involving potentially thousands of children who were almost certainly neglected and mistreated, and whose deaths were addressed as a mere trash disposal issue. It is now believed a total of upwards of 4,000 children were similarly disposed of in other homes across the country. It’s a story of untold even higher numbers of children who were unwitting subjects in a vaccine test that further refused to see them as human beings, capable of fear and pain. And an interesting insight into why so very children may have been so casually treated and tossed away was revealed in a recent feature on the scandal in the Independent. Babies born to unwed mothers – and this, let it be noted, would have included mothers who were raped – “were denied baptism and, if they died from the illness and disease rife in such facilities, also denied a Christian burial.” In other words, the Catholic institutions that these women and their children were forced to turn to as their only refuge viciously turned their backs on them — treating them, quite literally, as garbage. This is abuse of the highest order. Abuse in life, abuse in death. Carried out by religious orders so warped, so perverted in their utter lack of mercy that they participated in the suffering of an unfathomable number of babies and children. This is what the Catholic church of Ireland is capable of, when it is given free reign over the bodies of its most vulnerable members. And an official inquiry hasn’t even begun. As Michael Dwyer told the Mail this weekend, “What I have found is just the tip of a very large and submerged iceberg.”
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children   An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:39 am

Thank the Pope.

The book I'm reading about the Yanamamo indians of Brazil -- one of ther last indigenous populations to be contacted by modern man, in 1965 -- describes how the missionaries came into these villages, handing out machetes and shotguns in exchange for the Indians signing up for bible study and sunday school. As a result, intertribal warfare turned massively more lethal than before, and a substantial percentage of the population succumbed to the measles brought in my the missionaries.

Thank the Pope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children   An Irish Catholic orphanage hid the bodies of 800 children Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1