HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female Empty
PostSubject: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:39 am

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:22 am

Quote :
has revealed a shocking revelation that will change everything you once believed.
Not me.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:36 am

It's actually a hoax. But even funnier than the story is the rabid reaction of the christians on Facebook. Howls of outrage.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:59 am

That's actually too bad. It would've made a great story.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 8:42 am

richard09 wrote:
But even funnier than the story is the rabid reaction of the christians on Facebook.
Taking this statement in isolation, can I just say what an utter waste of time Facebook is?  News organizations are starting to report what celebrities say on Facebook.  I DON'T CARE.  Just because somebody is attractive and paid to pretend to be somebody else does not mean their tweets or Facebook posts are profound.

And most of what appears there (SFAICT) is from mouth-breathing Gumbies whose opinions are even less valuable.
Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female Gumbys-present-architects-sketch(Like me, I hasten to add.)
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 8:59 am

Rhetorical question:
Why is there no outlet, no forum for profundity, for experts on various subjects to hold court?  Why isn't there a well-known on-going discussion exposing silliness and illogic in the rest of the world?

Well, I guess Snopes and Wikipedia sorta serve that purpose.

But honestly, we need a Socrates.  Somebody everybody respects for his intellect.  Is there one in today's world?  Neil Degrasse Tyson?

I bow down to superior intellect when I see it.  Consider this masterful post over on my music forum:
Facelift wrote:
Although the CD is an inherently superior medium than vinyl (it's less limiting in terms of the information that can be put on it and it doesn't have surface noise), finding instances of 60s through early'80s releases where a clean vinyl sounds better than the CD is not difficult to do. My experience is that the medium that the album was originally recorded for can be a big factor. This all goes back to a big wrinkle in the vinyl/CD debate, which is that a vinyl and CD comparison of the same exact album is frequently not really an apples-to-apples comparison. The CD transfers of 60s and 70s album originally released on vinyl were often not done well (and the "remasters" often have lots of compression). Or, at least, not as well as they could have been. I think that somebody who has to have the best sounding version of a particular album will use both formats.

But, in a hypothetical world where all recordings and masterings were made ideally, there'd be no need for vinyl to exist, from a pure playback perspective. The CD is simply better at reproducing the sound that the engineer intended. However, if the distortion at the low end produced as a result of vinyl's sonic limitations creates a "warmth" that a person likes, or if the vinyl ownership and usage experience has become something of a ritual for a person, or if a person enjoys spending a disproportionate amount of money on the playback unit of their high-end sound system, it's not surprising to me that they would generally prefer vinyl.
F'ing brilliant!

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 9:47 am

F'ing obvious!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 10:07 am

These days -- sadly -- obvious isn't acceptable to everyone. There is so much "magic" and "opinion" given equal weight to scientific proof that a great many people do not have a fact-based worldview anymore. When their cherished religious beliefs are challenged, they choose to stick with their beliefs and discount or discard proof to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 11:05 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
But honestly, we need a Socrates.  Somebody everybody respects for his intellect.  Is there one in today's world?  Neil Degrasse Tyson?

I find it perplexing that you should mention Tyson in this manner.

NoCoPilot also wrote:
"Everything he says just seems like common sense to me. It's what you expect any halfway-intelligent person to say and think. ... Tyson doesn't strike me as brilliant. Just smart."

"He has extrapolated a known specific case to the general -- a common tautological error of the unpracticed logician."
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 11:14 am

Yeah, I don't think he's a Socrates.  Lots of people apparently do though.

Smartest people I can think of: Elizabeth Warren.  Wavy Gravy.  John Lennon.  My sister (before she died...)

George Carlin. Jon Stewart.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Do you honestly believe that those are the smartest people you cant think of? Perhaps it's a list of people you admire or respect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female   Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead for 48 minutes, Catholic Priest claims God is female
Page 1 of 1