HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening Empty
PostSubject: He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening   He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening EmptyWed May 21, 2014 6:44 am

Last night I went to bed early, lay there while Mrs NoCo watched TV.  There was a show on about I believe her name is Giuliana Margoles, used to be the host of Entertainment Tonight or some show like that, now apparently has her own reality TV show.

Anyway, last nite she was kvetching about whether to have one embryo, or two embryos embedded in her surrogate mom because she wants another baby.  It seems she had cancer in her lady bits and can't get pregnant herself, so she had some eggs extracted and fertilized by her husband and they're slowly pulling them out of the deep freeze and reheating them as they get hungry.

Giuliana was talking to her friend about this decision -- one or two -- and how these were her last two embryos but would she be ready for twins if they both took root.  Her friend -- a dedicated Catholic -- told her she'd just have to leave it up to God, because God will decide.

I thought, no, God has already spoken.  He said "No babies for you."
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening   He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening EmptyFri May 23, 2014 4:32 pm

The name Giuliana Margoles was familiar so I looked it up. She was on ER (if anyone remembers that program).

Yeah. god will make the decision (although I assume after consultation with her obstetrician; hate to see the bill for that one - we all know that insurance doesn't cover acts of god).
Makes me think of all the football players that say god was one their side after they win a game. Always makes me wonder what the other team did to piss off god. Or maybe he just pulled for the team that he drew in the heavenly football pool.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening   He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:19 pm

You mean the god is too busy watching football to safeguard a plane full of Chinese calligraphers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening   He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening Empty

Back to top Go down

He HAS spoken, you just aren't listening
Page 1 of 1