HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Listening to God's Voice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Listening to God's Voice Empty
PostSubject: Listening to God's Voice   Listening to God's Voice EmptyMon May 04, 2015 6:22 am

Many years ago I was engaged to a lovely girl, she was smart and funny and accomplished and a former beauty queen. And I'd gotten her pregnant.

But I had a little voice in my head telling me it wasn't going to work out. We had some fundamental differences which, had I been thinking rationally, would have given me pause. But I blindly ignored them, figuring we could work out anything that came up in our path.

I was wrong of course. When we fractured it was spectacular.

I vowed in the future to always listen to that little voice in my head, to always try to imagine a third-person perspective on any problem I'm facing to see "what a rational person would do" in my situation. By-and-large this has served me well.

I call this "listening to god" because it's easier to personalize the imaginary perspective. And, I believe, a lot of xtians probably believe it is the voice of some god when they seek inner advice.

So it is with my job situation. I'm getting very clear broadcasts from KGOD what I need to do, and I just need to tune in the frequency ("What's the frequency, Kenneth?") and follow instructions.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Listening to God's Voice   Listening to God's Voice EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Fuck yeah. Having pulled the trigger I now feel a weight off my back. Pieces are falling into place, things are brighter not bleaker than expected, and as a good friend of mine said, who retired last year (after a sudden heart attack), "Why didn't I do this earlier??"

God works in mysterious ways. I'm glad I left sowing rainbows and unicorns, because all that negativity I'd been wallowing in evaporated as soon as I pulled the plug (I like that image better than "pulling the trigger.")
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Listening to God's Voice   Listening to God's Voice EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Two months in. Still loving it.

Should've done it years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listening to God's Voice   Listening to God's Voice Empty

Back to top Go down

Listening to God's Voice
Page 1 of 1