HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail Empty
PostSubject: State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail   State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:42 am

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail   State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 11:44 am

You know what's scary about this? It's happening under the Obama Administration. In 2016, if the Koch bothers and Fox News get their way there'll be a new Republican administration, and secrecy, intrusion into privacy, loss of personal freedoms and government crackdown on anything subversion will get much, much worse. We'll look back on this time as the 'golden age' of internet freedoms.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail   State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 5:11 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
You know what's scary about this?  It's happening under the Obama Administration.
That is absolutely right. Dick Cheney was a strong proponent of a strong unitary executive back in the Nixon administration; he successfully pursued this through the Bush admin. After watching the Republicans assume more and more executive power, I was eagerly anticipating Obama reversing the movement. I recall discussions in which I said that I believed he was our last hope for restoring a true three-branch government. Big fucking disappointment. Coupled with the fascist-leaning Republican Party and the blatantly oligarchy-supporting Supreme Court, Obama's actions leave me with absolutely no hope for the country ever recovering its political and economic democracy of the mid-20th century.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail   State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail Empty

Back to top Go down

State Dept Launches 'Free the Press' Campaign While DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Force Reporter James Risen Into Jail
Page 1 of 1