HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Voter Registration

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Voter Registration Empty
PostSubject: Voter Registration   Voter Registration EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 7:36 am

This year's election in early November had a couple of low-priority races (local sheriff, etc.) but I dutifully turned in my ballot (Washington is 100% mail-in voting) as I always do.

A day or so later (before Election Day) I got a notice from the Elections people that my ballot signature didn't match the one they had on file.  The ballot had included my middle name, which I never sign, but said I should sign my "full name" so I had tried. On the signature verification form I signed my regular signature and sent it back.

Got two, maybe three automated phone calls in the following week, reminding me to return my ballot signature verification.

Tuesday I got ANOTHER ballot signature form, and two more phone calls.  I signed it and returned it again, marking it "second submission" in case they misplaced the first.

The election is long over and settled.

I'm beginning to wonder if my political views have caused some election official to initiate a process of removing me from the 2024 voter rolls. Such is the state of our political climate: that such thoughts are not only possible, but become almost believable.
Back to top Go down

Voter Registration
Page 1 of 1