HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Everything Everywhere All At Once

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Everything Everywhere All At Once Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Everything Everywhere All At Once   Movie: Everything Everywhere All At Once EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 5:14 pm

Showtime is having a freebee week so I got to see this movie today.  It was fucking EXCELLENT.  Smart, funny, moving, weird, thought-provoking, good message, incredible editing, incredible acting... been a long time since I saw a movie with which I had no quibbles.  Deserved every award it won.

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Everything Everywhere All At Once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie: Everything Everywhere All At Once   Movie: Everything Everywhere All At Once EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 4:16 am

On the second time through, I developed two small quibbles.
  1. In one of the alternate universes visited by the two main characters, they are portrayed by rocks.  One tells the other (in a thought bubble) that this is one (of many) universes where life never developed. Yet, right next to one of the rocks, a tuft of grass is clearly visible.  Um, continuity manager, that's life.

2. Similarly, in each of the parallel universes they visit, different versions of the main characters appear.  This would of course be the most unlikely outcome of all, as it requires the same sperm fertilizes the same egg.  In each generation.  Back to the beginning.

But the movie story wouldn't work without that little cheat so I'll give them a pass on that.
Back to top Go down

Movie: Everything Everywhere All At Once
Page 1 of 1