HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox Empty
PostSubject: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox EmptyThu Feb 16, 2023 8:56 pm

Discovery in the $1.6b lawsuit is turning up all sorts of interesting tidbits.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 6:23 am

Rupert Murdoch's latest revelations are devastating for FNC.  They'll either have to go out of business, or completely change their business plan.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rupert-murdoch-jared-kushner-biden-ads-fox_n_63fdaa49e4b0ecabbaa10e60
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/murdoch-dominion-lawsuit-election-lies_n_63fd2a38e4b0db7a1f675085

Remarkable.

Remarkable that it's taken this long.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 6:00 pm

I think the actual trial starts in April. So far, it's all been preliminaries.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 6:02 pm

I'd settle for 1.5 billion, telling them "see what a discount I'm giving you". Plus they have to pay the lawyers, of course.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 6:36 pm

Dominion has always said it's not about the money. I'd be surprised if they settle. It'd mean more to them, and the world at large, if Fox's business model came out in public. And by "public" I mean among Fox's viewers.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 1:34 pm

And just like that, the whole case goes "poof." Fox apologizes for the "misunderstanding." Dominion's shareholders (or executives?) get big bonuses.

And Fox continues on, peddling Russian disinformation.

Somebody please put a pillow over my face.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 4:29 pm

My wife, who worked as a legal secretary all her career, says lawyers typically get 40-45% of a settlement like this.

Pure unadulterated greed.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 12:44 pm

Quote :
But what could have pushed a settlement over the edge was a four-page order Davis filed at 11:43 a.m. ET on Tuesday while he was still on the bench. That order, which followed a testy pretrial hearing last week during which Davis announced he would sanction Fox for discovery noncompliance and/or misrepresentations to the court, appointed a special master to investigate Fox News and Fox Corp.’s respective discovery conduct. Among the powers Davis gave the special master were the right to take his own depositions of any person at any location of his choosing and generally within five calendar days. And not only did Davis make plain that the special master’s investigation would be on Fox’s dime but he also declared that Fox could not refuse any request for information on grounds of attorney-client privilege or the attorney work-product doctrine, which generally protects attorneys’ thought processes and work product in connection with litigation. My guess is that beyond their fear of a massive jury verdict or the further embarrassment of Murdoch, his son and Fox Corp. CEO Lachlan, or even Fox primetime hosts being cross-examined for all the world to hear in real-time, the discovery issue here — and its further excavation by a special master with broad powers — was the motivation Fox needed to pay up–and get out.
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/fox-dominion-settlement-special-master-rcna80325
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox   Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox Empty

Back to top Go down

Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox
Page 1 of 1