HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Democrats are still mad because they lost the Civil War

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Democrats are still mad because they lost the Civil War Empty
PostSubject: Democrats are still mad because they lost the Civil War   Democrats are still mad because they lost the Civil War EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 10:19 am

I heard this claim on the news last night, and it flabbergasted me.

I know Republicans have "an arm's length relationship with reality" but this meme really takes the cake.  As is typical with the far-right, they take a grain of truth and turn it the wrong way around.  Yes, there are many Southern whites who have never conceded the Confederacy lost. Yes, the South used to be what was then called the Democratic Party ("Dixiecrats").

But what was then the Whig Party changed what they stood for.  The Democrats became the party of racial integration and social Justice, while the Whigs became the Republicans, and the party of big business and wealthy patrons.  The political parties swapped philosophies between 1920 and 1932.

Just an amazing reversal of history.  I guess history can no longer be predicted, just like the future can't.  In fact, today, the future may be more certain than the past.

For god's sake let's not teach critical race theory in schools.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Democrats are still mad because they lost the Civil War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Democrats are still mad because they lost the Civil War   Democrats are still mad because they lost the Civil War EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 9:23 am

Here's the rundown.

Letters from an American
Back to top Go down

Democrats are still mad because they lost the Civil War
Page 1 of 1