HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"? Empty
PostSubject: What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?   What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"? EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 10:51 am

I see a lot more people with "snowshoe gait" (feet pointed out) than pigeon-toed (feet pointed in).  There MUST be a name for this -- but I can't think of it.

"Bowlegged" refers to the knees being far apart (like a cowboy just out of the saddle) though it often results in having the feet splayed outwards.

"Duck footed"?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?   What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"? EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:02 am

Slew footed.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?   What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"? EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:17 pm

_Howard wrote:
Slew footed.
Quote :
What does Slew foot Mean?
A dangerous play where a player comes from behind an opposing skater and trips the player unexpectedly by dragging the skate so the victim falls to the ice and quite often hits his head or lands hard due to the sneaky nature of the crime.
Source
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?   What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"? EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Yep. That's another meaning.
Slew footed can also be spelled slue footed. It's a condition in which the feet turn outward while walking. Sometimes called the duck walk.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?   What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"? EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Never heard the term before.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?   What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"? EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 1:12 pm

It was common when I was a kid (although duck walk was more common). I wasn't sure that I remembered it correctly so I looked on Google to verify it. That was the first time I found it was also a sports term.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?   What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"? EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:40 am

When I was a kid, oh those many years ago, I remember hearing about -- but can't recall ever seeing -- kids having to wear their shoes on the wrong feet to correct either pigeon toes or duck feet.

Why birds? Well I guess there aren't many other bipedal examples in the animal kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?   What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the opposite of "pigeon toed"?
Page 1 of 1